• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Corporaterape's Bag 2012

Corporaterape

Bogey Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 3 Years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, Overhead, no FH
Average Distance:
Putter: 220'
Mid: 280'
Driver: 375'

Optional:
Sex: M
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Injuries/handicaps?: none
Other sport proficiencies?: track (sprinting), football
I used a mixed bag of Innova, Discraft and Gateway

I'm entering my fourth year of disc golf this year and my third year of tournament play. I think I'll try to move up from intermediate to advanced play this year. I think my form has become very consistent, and I have developed a wide variety of throws. As far as my playing is concerned, I am still unable to have full control over discs like the Destroyer, Force, Flick, and other 13+ speed discs. I have no problem with my First Run Nukes, however, and they have taken my distance to a new level. I do enjoy using my overstable discs (Z Crushes), where I need to. Also, as always, my putting around 25-35 ft. needs work.

I love collecting discs, so I'm always looking for something new. But I think I've created a well-rounded bag with everything I need for every situation.

Someone let me know if I'm missing anything from my arsenal, please.

Bag
Distance Drivers:
FR Nuke - Pink, 173g, 8/10 - My Max distance driver. Nice and worn in, I can keep it going right with very little to no fade at the end at this point, generally throw with a little hyzer to get a nice S. HUGE DISTANCE
FR Nuke - Purple, 172g, 8.5/10 - Backup, not quite as worn in, use on windy days.
Augusta Wraith - Yellow, 172g, 7.5/10 - Go to driver, nice and worn, but super flat so still stable enough that I can give it all I've got without any worry. FAST
Old Pearly Wraith - Pink, 167g, 8/10 - Great lighter version of the Wraith for downhill & downwind shots, slightly poppy top.
Pro Wraith - Green, 175g, 8/10 - Least stable Wraith, used very rarely.
Z Crush - Orange, 173g, 8/10 - Nice stable discs for hyzer distance shots and windy days, super straight with consistent fade.
Z Crush - Tie-Dye, 173g, 8/10 - Backup, same flight, great for thumbers too!
C-TD - Yellow, 175g, 9/10 - Great disc, my soon replace my sidewinder as my understable driver, slightly more stable, a little more distance (10-20 ft).
Champion Sidewinder - Blue, 173g, 9/10 - Understable go-to driver, great for long right turning shots.

Fairway Drivers:
Champion Leopard - Pink, 175g, 8/10 - Straight, straight, STRAIGHT for 270 feet.
11x KC Pro Teebird - Green, 175g, 7.5/10 - Still very stable, very consistent fade, great fairway driver.
Z-Storm - Blue, 171g, 7.5/10 - This is my favorite disc of all time, I can throw it any number of ways and get any number of outcomes all of which I have complete control over.
Z-Storm - Orange, 172g, 9/10 - Backup

Midrange:
Old Z Wasp - Pink, 179g, 9/10 - Nice and stable at this weight, useful in the wind when I need it.
Old Z Wasp - Pink, 171g, 9/10 - lighter version, less stable, very similar in flight to my heavy Buzz, but with more consistent fade.
Old Z Buzzz (Buzzz rim) - Pink, 178g, 8/10 - Super duper straight, almost no fade at the end, just right into the ground.
Old Z Buzzz (Buzzz rim) - Tie-Dye, 171g, 7.5/10 - My understable mid-range.

Putters:
(note - I tee-off with putters on any hole < 250 feet. I find putters to be easiest to control and funnest to throw!
Flx Challenger - Light Blue, 175g, 8/10 - Go to putter from the teepad to the basket.
Cryztal Flx Challenger - Green, 178g, 9/10 - Great off the teepad.
Organic Wizard - Green, 175g, 7/10 - Nice and beat for putts within 20 ft.
Organic Warlock - Green 175g, 9/10 - Just added to my bag, like a beat Wizard right out of the box, love it. Will likely by my understable putter.

Okay let me know. Do I need a more stable mid-range? A more stable driver? A less stable putter?

ACES - Hole 13 - Sugar Bottom Park, IA - July 2008

Nuke|Crush|Wraith|Sidewinder|Teebird|Storm|Wasp|
Buzzz|OGWizard|FLX Challenger

My Custom Bag - http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ictureid=19217
My Personal Collection - http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...p?albumid=1983

find a big difference in Champ Wraiths and your Z-Crush? dont really throw either but just kinda seemed like there might be lil overlap. I see you have tinkered with the idea of dropping the SW for the TD.. have you thrown an S-TD? Also ever try and use challengers to cover everything? I cant say much about having three putter molds since i use Focus,Banger and Zone but if your looking to trim.. all n all looks solid tho :thmbup:

Yeah, the Wraith is my go to, but the Crush is my utility driver, and I don't tend to throw any more overstable discs. Is the S-TD better than C line? I just like champ/z plastic personally. As far as switching to challengers full time, i could do that, but i really like the feel of my wizards so idk...
Thanks for the advice.