• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Deflector

*I'm lazy & didn't want to scan 12 pages of this thread*

How does the Deflector compare to the Drone? I'm really into my Z Drone right now but am bummed that it's not being made in Z anymore. Best future option is Big Z which is ok but not ideal.

I always like Neutron. Anyone that's used both?

*I'm lazy & didn't want to scan 12 pages of this thread*

How does the Deflector compare to the Drone? I'm really into my Z Drone right now but am bummed that it's not being made in Z anymore. Best future option is Big Z which is ok but not ideal.

I always like Neutron. Anyone that's used both?

tldr deflector is dumpy beef while drone is glidey distance beef

So has anyone gotten their Deflector seasoned to Pyro level yet? I don't want to need a Pyro, but I'm afraid I do.

I wasn't sure I needed something like a Deflector, but it has effectively replaced my Resistor. I like how it starts fading earlier and works lines with anny releases that require less power and can be thrown higher. I also love the handfeel of the Deflector. Chad has outdid himself here as this disc is finally a worthy overstable mid that doesn't have a bead to slow it down, doesn't ever flatten in flight or hold out on the fade, and doesn't have a dome to slow it down. It's light on the glide for a mid, but has a decent amount compared to a resistor and I can get distance with roller style releases. Now that my Phase is a little seasoned they are a perfect pair to cover all my OS utility needs.

I love Deflector on forehand. Reliable as all get out, and usually a good skip in the perpendicular direction. Love it.

NecroBump for discspeed

Anyone beat in a Deflector?

What's it like?

I beat in on a bit and it doesn't really gain turn per se, but it quit fighting out on an anhyzer if I threw it hard.

Could still pump it as hard as I wanted and it would go flat and straight if I threw it flat, but it didn't like to flex anymore.

I beat in on a bit and it doesn't really gain turn per se, but it quit fighting out on an anhyzer if I threw it hard.

Could still pump it as hard as I wanted and it would go flat and straight if I threw it flat, but it didn't like to flex anymore.

That sounds amazing. Did you add a fresh one to your bag for flex lines?

That sounds amazing. Did you add a fresh one to your bag for flex lines?

I did! They were a great combo. And then I lost it… So I went back to Justices since I had a few of those on my stash. They are close enough that will just use those for now, but if I ever get get low I may look at that deflector/Pyro combo again.

Latest posts