• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Deformed, Misshapen Ibex,

GirdleRoc

Birdie Member
I have a Ridge, Ibex, and Sole all in the 173-175 range.
I picked up the Ibex and the Ridge at a birdie bash in May then in June I picked up a Sole to give it a shot.

When I finished the birdie bash the Ibex seemed to be misshapen a little but I thought I had read that it will work back into shape. It is not my primary mid but it never shaped up again. The same thing happened with my Sole and I mainly use it for anny upshots and approaches. I have not had this problem with my ridge.

This doesn't seem to be to big of a problem unless I try to drive with my Ibex or Sole and then I can hear them flutter.

Can I fix this? Is this common?

what is "this" problem? microwave apparently helps vibram discs shape back up but I have no experience with that.

"This problem" = the flight doesn't seem to be any different but I hadn't thrown them all that much to know for sure

right but WHAT does the problem look like? waves in the top of the flight plate or sunken down in the middle? bump or warp in the rim?

right but WHAT does the problem look like? waves in the top of the flight plate or sunken down in the middle? bump or warp in the rim?

Ohhh..... oops. The look tacoed(ultimate term) if you know what that means. There aren't waves or anything in the flight plate. They are a bit oval shaped and do not sit level on a flat surface.

They are all mediums... I meant to include that in the OP.

Latest posts