• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FinHatch ITB

FinHatch

Birdie Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: DG 4 years; last 2 years more seriously(tried to play atleast once a week when weather permits)
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: Mostly RHBH, some FH (perhaps 65% BH - 35% FH)
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Envy: 200/220'; Matrix: 245/275'; Insanity: 300/340'

* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex: M
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: All-around bag to face any course
Specific areas of desired feedback: Not really looking to get feedback, more of a memory list for the future (trying to get thru 2018 without new disc purchases :rolleyes:)

Bag:

Putters:
173g electron Atom, - putting
173g electron Atom, - putting
171g plasma Envy (worn), - putting in hard wind, driving, mostly used forehanding short approach game.Most used disc in the bag.

Mids:
174g proton Matrix, (worn) - straight approaches
177g proton Matrix, (new) - heavier, more stable counterpart with more fade
Used to bag Tangent too but noticed I can do most of the lines with the worn Envy angles so dropped one mold.

Fairway drivers:
174g neutron Resistor, (worn but stable as ever) - overstable utility
173g plasma Servo, (new) - stable with good fade
174g neutron Switch, - straight, some turn with some fade. Used when Matrix might be left short
168g neutron Relay, -understable utility, nice for turning throws both BH and FH :thmbup:

174g apex Alpha, -longer fairway with dependable fade
174g eternal(blue) Alpha, -was carrying apex anyway so decided to replace my worn Volt with this for now(sorry MVP-fans :\) to reduce molds, very identical lines for me

Distance drivers:
171g plasma Trace(new) - my stable DD for shots that need more finish to left
174g plasma Insanity - main DD
Removed all discs faster than speed 11 some time ago to work on my technique.

So most used disc is Envy and least the Switch followed by Servo, if I were to minimize more I would drop those next, can use the Alphas for similar shots

Only a month and already made fine-tuning for the summer 2018-bag :| :

Took back my plasma Volt instead of eternal Alpha afterall ('cause Volt :thmbup:), noticed the Volt had quite similar lines with the new Servo so dropped the latter for now, less molds the better.

Also had some putting practise with my firm electron Ions and noticed they usually leave my fingers more cleanly compared to the Atoms, might be the rounded edge..
Still cant drive with 'em as well as with Envy!

So (hopefully!) finalized 2018 bag is

Putters:
174g firm electron Ion, - putting
174g firm electron Ion, - putting
171g plasma Envy (worn), - putting in hard wind, driving, mostly used forehanding short approach game.Most used disc in the bag.

Mids:
175g neutron Matrix, (new) - approaching when Envy might be short (proton->neutron because added visibility and grip)

Fairway drivers:
174g neutron Switch, - straight, some turn with some fade. Used when Matrix might be left short
168g neutron Relay, -understable utility, nice for turning throws both BH and FH

174g apex Alpha, -longer fairway with dependable fade
175g plasma Volt, -multipurpose longer fairway, workhorse I grab when not maximum distance is needed(so most of the time)

Distance drivers:
171g plasma Trace(new) - my stable DD for shots that need more finish to left
173g plasma Inertia(worn to hell) - with big chunks missing from the rim, Inertia turns over and travels right more than Insanity

Good games to all.

No it was not finalized, looks like the only permanent thing in my bag is change.

Putters:
171g soft electron Envy(new), - putting
171g soft electron Envy(new), - putting
171g plasma Envy (worn), - For driving, mostly used forehanding short approach game.Most used disc in the bag.

Switched to more simplistic straddle putting-style(less moving parts), electron Envies felt great in hand and they have nice bite in the end of the throw so there you go.

Mids:
175g neutron Deflector(new), for overstable approaching both BH and FH, compliments Resistor very nicely.
175g neutron Matrix, for approaching when Envy might be short, straight flight with decent fade in the end.
178g sparkly-proton Alias, straight/slightly understable disc for shorter holes. Took this one back in after a long break from it, has presented me some nice birdies lately.

Fairways:
175g swirly-star KJ Teebird, not used much but sometimes I want more fade than my Volt has.
175g plasma Volt(worn), -multipurpose longer fairway, workhorse I grab when not maximum distance is needed(so most of the time).
175g c-line FD, minimal turn, small fade, Straight straight straight!
168g neutron Relay(worn), -understable utility, nice for turning throws both BH and FH, has no fade really.

Distance drivers:
172g p-line PD, my stable DD, just a hint of turn when I really rip it(and/or OAT) and good fade.
175g champion Thunderbird, quite similar to my PD but no turn and less fade, overlap but I like both discs too much :), I feel these two are what Teebird is to Eagle.
175g g-line TD2, for those looooong standstill throws or whenever I need longer throw that finishes to the right.

Quite a few molds but this setup feels comfortable to play with atm.
Good games

Update for the winter, took inspiration from the bag minimalism thread and stripped down some for now:

Putters:
171g soft electron Envy - putting
171g plasma Envy (worn), - For driving, mostly used forehanding short approach game.Most used disc in the bag.

Mids:
175g neutron Deflector, for overstable approaching both BH and FH.
175g neutron Matrix, for approaching when Envy might be short, straight flight with decent fade in the end.
178g sparkly-proton Alias, straight/slightly understable disc with no fade for shorter holes.

Fairways:
175g swirly-star KJ Teebird, my stable driver with healthy fade.
175g plasma Volt(new), -multipurpose longer fairway, just got a new one with low dome which flies pretty neutral. My max distance disc for now.
175g c-line FD, small turn, small fade, for straight to understable longer shots.

So no distance drivers for now, scores dont seem worse yet.

Bag has further evolved for the season 2019, mostly old some new.

Bag: UPD Shift

Putters:
172g soft electron Pilot - for putting, looks like I change putter most often, feels like I have easier time to make those longer putts with more neutral putter. Point and shoot.
171g plasma Envy (worn), - For driving, mostly used forehanding short approach game. Most used disc in the bag.

Mids:
173g neutron Runway(new), for overstable approaching both BH and FH. Deflector was great(even scored a ace with it) but Runway overlaps less with the Resistor, still plenty more stable than Matrix.
178g sparkly-proton Alias, straight/slightly understable disc with no fade for shorter holes.

Fairways:
175g swirly-star KJ Teebird, my stable driver with healthy fade, cant turn this over.
175g c-line FD, small turn, small fade, for straight to understable longer shots.
175g neutron Relay(new), -understable utility, nice for turning throws both BH and FH, has no fade really.

175g plasma Volt(new), metal flake plasma with low dome, more neutral shot-shaper.
175g plasma Volt(worn), more domey,worn and actually stable than the other one, when I want to avoid that turn.
The Volts are my workhorse drivers and also longest discs in my bag atm, still staying away from distance drivers for now.

Some changes(lost my trusty Resistor in a tree :wall: ) etc..

Putters:
172g soft electron Pilot(worn) - for putting, worn to slightly understable, point and shoot.
171g plasma Envy (worn), - For driving, mostly used forehanding short approach game. Most used disc in the bag.
176g titanium Zone(new), newcomer in the bag, short forehand sidearm is my favourite shot and this accompanies Envy nicely, great for short backhands too.

Mids:
175g neutron Deflector, back in the bag since I lost my Resistor, overstable utility, one of my few ace discs.

Fairways:
175g swirly-star KJ Teebird, my stable fairway with healthy fade, cant turn this over.
175g plasma Volt(worn), decently domey old workhorse driver, nice distance, less fade than the teebird.
171g c-line FD, small turn, small fade, for straight to understable longer shots.
175g g-line FD, my long understable drives are done with this, couldn't turn the c-line over 100% of the time so took g-line back in to accompany it.

Messed around with lightweight Photon and a plasma Wave which both gave me nice distance boost. However I couldn't control em as well as I wanted so DD setup is as follows for now..
Distance drivers:
165g plasma Tesla(new): flat as a pancake, faster version of the teebird, feel is identical to axiom Fireball but flight is bit less overstable. This is mostly for max distance in headwinds.
170g plasma Trace: longest discs in the bag if I manage to get clean release, I use this if not much wind and the space is clear.
168g neutron Lift: my favourite longer driver atm, does not need much power to go straight for a long time and not so understable that it would turn over accidentally. Usually pick this if I feel Volt could be left short.

Last edited:
Winter is soon here and some fine-tuning has been made based on summer's experiences.

Bag: UPD Pinch v2, I still have Shift but Pinch is bit smaller, like it with this few discs :thmbup:

Putters:
172g soft electron Pilot(worn) - for putting, worn to slightly understable, point and shoot.
173g neutron Envy (new), - For driving, mostly used forehanding short approach game, most used disc in the bag. Retired my worn plasma for now, was getting tad too flippy so rocking new Envy and Proxy, one for straight shots and one when I want more fade.
173g neutron Proxy (new), -For driving, finally cleaned my form enough to use Proxy, fun disc.

Mids:
175g neutron Deflector, back in the bag since I lost my Resistor, overstable utility, one of my few ace discs.
176g neutron Alias, straight/slightly understable disc with no fade for shorter holes. Ordered some back-ups after the OOP-announcement and the neutron has nicer grip compared to proton, flight's no different.

Fairways:
175g FD2 v3, really stable for my arm(almost Wrath-like), replaced the swirly cream star Teebird 'cause this is easier to spot and wanna try this out some more.
175g plasma Volt(worn), decently domey old workhorse driver, nice distance, less fade than the FD2.
171g c-line FD, small turn, small fade, for straight to understable longer shots.
168g neutron Relay(worn), bagged g-line FD for quite a while but couldn't turn it over as reliably as this flippy disc, back in the bag Relay <3.

Control drivers&distance:
169g proton Wrath: tad less beefy than the Tesla I had, goes straight bit longer and the fades. Mostly for headwinds when Volt could flip over.
168g neutron Lift: My longer Volt, I choose this if it's a Volt shot but I feel it could end up short. With good rip not much turn or fade.
174g plasma Inertia(super worn): One of my first MVP discs, big chunks missing from the rim, I use these for similar shots with Relay but when I need to traver longer, great for straight hyzer flips :thmbup:
170g plasma Trace: longest discs in the bag if I manage to get clean release, I use this if not much wind and the space is clear(so not too often, still figuring this one out)

Last edited:
Fine tuning for spring and new decade:

Putters:
173g neutron Envy - For driving and short forehand approaching.
173g neutron Proxy -For driving, no-fade version of Envy for short backhands.

Mids:
175g neutron Deflector, my bags beef for shorter distances.
175g neutron Matrix, basically a longer Envy.
176g neutron Alias, basically a longer Proxy (underrated disc).

Fairways:
172g cosmic neutron Volt(new), very beefy for my hand(~starts fading almost right away), no other reason to boot the FD2 'cept I know this mold better.
175g plasma Volt(worn), decently domey old workhorse driver, nice distance, some turn and fade.
171g c-line FD, small turn, minimal fade, for straight to understable longer shots.
168g neutron Relay(worn), understable utility, low-power hyzer shots for straight lines or bigger rip for long turnovers.

Distance drivers:
170g plasma Trace, for little windier conditions, good distance if the starts are aligned right.
174g plasma Inertia(super worn), basically understable version of my workhorse Volt, good for example when I need longer turnover than my Relay can deliver.

Summer tuning:

Putters:
172g soft electron Pilot(worn) - putting duties
172g plasma Envy(very worn) - shorter driving and forehand approaching
174g cryztal flx Zone - same as Envy but overstable

Mids:
175g c-line MD4 - approaches when I feel Envy might flip over
180g esp Comet(new) - straight and turnover midrange shots, most the latter. Decent for flicks too.

Fairways:
174g neutron Resistor(new) -Finally bought a new one to replace the one I lost back in 2019, somehow easier to range than the cosmic Volt.
175g plasma Volt(worn) -Workhorse fairway, straight to hyzer shots
171g c-line FD(worn) -Mostly for straight shots, minimal turn and fade
168g neutron Relay -Similar to the Comet, can take bit more torque, great for either backhand or sidearm turnover shots

Longer distance:
172g p-line PD(worn) -Few years old but still can take bit more power than the Volt without flipping over, for max distance shots I want to go straight and then finish with some fade.
174g plasma Inertia(super worn) -Bought with my plasma Volt back in 2016, this disc is missing huge chunks from the rim and turns over without much effort. Great for hyzer flipping or longer turnovers.

Putters:
172g soft electron Pilot(worn) - putting duties
172g plasma Envy(very worn) - shorter driving and forehand approaching
176g vipX Harp - same as Envy but overstable

Mids:
175g neutron Matrix -Basically a longer Envy.
178g neutron Axis -Very neutral disc with similar hand feel to the Matrix.

Fairways:
174g neutron Resistor -Utility OS
175g optoX Explorer -Wanted something with bit more fade between my Resistor and old Volt.
175g plasma Volt(worn) -Workhorse fairway, straight to hyzer shots
171g c-line FD(worn) -Mostly for straight shots, minimal turn and fade(a longer Axis)
168g neutron Relay(very worn) -Great for either backhand or sidearm turnover shots

Distance drivers:
176g optoX Fury -For max distance when there's some room to play with

Bag update, been playing around with new plastic and also simplifying:

Putters:
soft cosmic neutron Pilots(173g) -pink just for putting and red for warmups + short turnover flicks
eclipse v2 Envy(176g) - short drives and flick approaches, minimum turn and some fade
soft neutron Proxy(173g) - same as Envy 'cept less fade, newer runs seem more understable than this disc, truly stable putter.

Mids:
eclipse v2 Reactor(174g) -slightly overstable, faster mid
neutron Hex(168g) -very similar to the Reactor except less fade in the end
neo Origin(174g) -my understable mid, cant turn over the Hex as much as I want so I take Origin for those shots (identical numbers but this flies closer to Fuse than Hex/Axis), glide machine.

Drivers:
plasma Volt(175g) - old workhorse, still wont turn over much
c-line FD(171g) - for those long straight shots, small turn and fade
neo Essence(171g) -for FD'ey shots that I want to turn over more, hyzerflip monster, also rollers with enough angle. Longer Origin if you will.

So bag's theme = similar feeling discs, in each speed category one with more stable and one with more neutral/slightly understable attributes.

Current bag, again been trimming some xtra fat:

Putters:
couple beaten in Pilots(from 2018 I think): putting duties
K1 soft Berg(173g): easy approaches for shorter distances or when wind is blowing
plasma Envy(172g): all kind of longer approaches, disc been beaten to heck so as neutral as most of my Proxies.

Mids:
neutron Hex(178g): straight with moderate fade in the end, more hyzer if I need stronger finish.
opto-X glimmer Fuse(177g): thrown hyzer for straight shots, flat if I want long turnovers.

Fairways:
star Teebird(175g): quite stable run, for teebird things
c-line FD(171g): from 2017, has take some beatin so very neutral fairway, small turn and fade.

Drivers for longer distance:
plasma Volt(175g): disc is soon turning 6 years old, much milder flight compared to new plasma Volts I've tried, for my arm there's hint of turn and then moderate fade, my usual max distance disc.
neo Essence(171g): much newer disc but has more turn than Volt, beating this one to a hyzer-flip machine
gold Sapphire(157g): just recently added this to the bag, if its a open fairway and I need max distance this goes usually 15-30 feet further than the Volt, perhaps more in the future when it gets beaten in.

edit: oh yeah also brand new remade stable c-line FD for water shots

Last edited:
Current bag, again been trimming some xtra fat:

Putters:
couple beaten in Pilots(from 2018 I think): putting duties
K1 soft Berg(173g): easy approaches for shorter distances or when wind is blowing
plasma Envy(172g): all kind of longer approaches, disc been beaten to heck so as neutral as most of my Proxies.

Mids:
neutron Hex(178g): straight with moderate fade in the end, more hyzer if I need stronger finish.
opto-X glimmer Fuse(177g): thrown hyzer for straight shots, flat if I want long turnovers.

Fairways:
star Teebird(175g): quite stable run, for teebird things
c-line FD(171g): from 2017, has take some beatin so very neutral fairway, small turn and fade.

Drivers for longer distance:
plasma Volt(175g): disc is soon turning 6 years old, much milder flight compared to new plasma Volts I've tried, for my arm there's hint of turn and then moderate fade, my usual max distance disc.
neo Essence(171g): much newer disc but has more turn than Volt, beating this one to a hyzer-flip machine
gold Sapphire(157g): just recently added this to the bag, if its a open fairway and I need max distance this goes usually 15-30 feet further than the Volt, perhaps more in the future when it gets beaten in.

edit: oh yeah also brand new remade stable c-line FD for water shots

I'd throw this bag!

Bag for spring 2023, some old some new:

Putters:
-soft exo Link(174g): just for putting duties. Been using Pilots for many years but have had strangely good success with Links lately, notch more stable.
-K1 soft Berg(173g): for Berg things.
-soft neutron Proxy(173g): shorter, dead straight approaches. Goes good amount further than the Berg.
-cosmic neutron Stabilizer(172g): Used to bag Envy but my Proxy's on the stable side, wanted more difference between 'em hence switch to Stabilizer. Tbh havent used this all that much yet, cool to have in the bag I guess.

Mids:
-neutron Hex(178g): workhorse mid, not much turn for me and then small dependable fade. Goes far.
-eclipse glow Reactor(174g): same as Hex but more stable with more fade. Nice in wind.
-neo Origin(174g): slightly understable, hyzerflip for straight shots without fade or flat for turnovers. Goes even further than the Hex.

Fairways:
-neutron Resistor(168g): old pink FAF run, very overstable utility.
-glow champ Teebird(173g): 2022 J.Allen tour series, mellow flight compared to my old star Teebird, more stable partner to my c-line FD.
-c-line FD(171g): longer Hex.
-ladyline FD(157g): a pretty fun disc from years back :D, flies like d-line FD that has taken bit of a beating, also has very unique sound when hitting trees. So understable utility, wont get used that much but nice to have around.

Control&distance drivers:
-plasma Volt(175g): old trusty, straight with moderate fade.
-gold Sapphire(157g): flies similar to my old Volt 'cept with bit more turn and less fade. Usually longer but not as dependable in the wind.
-neo Essence(171g): my speed 8 Origin.
-plasma Trace(170g): bit too fast for my arm but gets sometimes used in wind, spacious distance throws when xtra fade is needed, etc.

47% MVP, 33% Discmania, 20% others.

Summer simplifying:

Putting: K3 Berg(174g)

Throwing putters:
K1 soft Berg(173g)
eclipse glow Envy(176g)
neutron Watt(172g)

Mids:
eclipse glow Reactor(178g) (overstable)
prism plasma Hex(170g)
beat up flat top KC Roc (180g) (straight/turnovers)

Drivers:
neutron Resistor(168g) (overstable utility)
beat plasma Volt(175g)
opto-x glimmer Fury(176g) (my Volt without much fade)
beat c-line FD(171g)
beat neo Essence(171g)

Latest posts