• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hi from Singapore

gabetjh

Hi All,

I just started DG a month ago and chanced upon this forum recommended by locals.
I started off with the X line Buzzz and the DX Aviar Classics. My girlfriend has also picked up the sport and i got her a starter kit from Innova (DX Leopard, DX Shark, DX Aviar P&A)

After following DG on social media (reddit, instagram) i just went on a shopping spree and have been purchasing so many discs as shown. Currently im still waiting for them to be shipped from the states. The only new stuff I've received are the discs from Westside Box

picture.php

I realized that the bag i bought which is still on the way from USA (Prodigy BP-4) might not have enough storage to fit all my discs. Any suggestions for a bigger bag? I will probably not bag the Distance drivers (Boatman, Adder, Daedalus, Thunderbird, Firebird, Hatchet) so that leaves me with 7 putters, 8 midranges and 3 fairways (18 discs). Wondering whether will it be sufficient for my BP-4? If not what bags can fit all 24 discs?

Since Singapore is hot all year round and there are only 3 DG courses here, i dont really need much additional pockets, probably just for necessities (phone,wallet, water)

Thanks for reading my 1st post! Looking forward to playing DG for my lifetime. I regret not picking it up earlier..

Singapore? That's awesome! :)

There are as many ways of building a bag as there are disc golfers, but some might be more "time tested" than others.

My suggestion would be something along the following lines...

Choose:
One of the Distance Drivers: something like the Firebird where it'll always fade hard and dependably.
A slightly overstable AND/OR a neutral mid
A slightly overstable AND slightly understable fairway driver
A slightly overstable putter for drives and a neutralish putter for putting

I'd leave the rest of the discs (minus same mold backups) out of the bag. See what works and doesn't work, then add and subtract as needed. Good luck and welcome!

If you ever end up in Manila, look up JP Demontano on Facebook. He puts up a course at the U of M that's a lot of fun for visitors.

Singapore? That's awesome! :)

There are as many ways of building a bag as there are disc golfers, but some might be more "time tested" than others.

My suggestion would be something along the following lines...

Choose:
One of the Distance Drivers: something like the Firebird where it'll always fade hard and dependably.
A slightly overstable AND/OR a neutral mid
A slightly overstable AND slightly understable fairway driver
A slightly overstable putter for drives and a neutralish putter for putting

I'd leave the rest of the discs (minus same mold backups) out of the bag. See what works and doesn't work, then add and subtract as needed. Good luck and welcome!

Thanks! I will give that a try! Probably thats the best way to optimise my bag instead of thinking of bringing all my discs.

Latest posts