• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Inexpensive DIY Next Tee Signs

PBokor

Eagle Member
I'm looking for suggestions for low cost next tee signs for a new course which opened up here this week. Professional signage is still a few weeks away, but the course is already getting good traffic and needs some next tee markers. We don't expect any vandalism, so low tech will suffice for now. I'm thinking plastic plates and a thick sharpie under each basket.

Any ideas? TIA.

The cheapest, fastest, most effective DIY I've seen is using dayglo duct tape or aisle tape (better). Picture looking down at the bottom of the basket and seeing the metal ribs extending from the center like spokes on a bicycle wheel. Pick the rib that best points to the next hole and wrap the outward 6-8 inches of it (before it bends up to form the cage) with the dayglo tape. Bingo.

(Mike beat me to it while I was typing. You can get aisle tape at better hardware stores.)

The cheapest, fastest, most effective DIY I've seen is using dayglo duct tape or aisle tape (better). Picture looking down at the bottom of the basket and seeing the metal ribs extending from the center like spokes on a bicycle wheel. Pick the rib that best points to the next hole and wrap the outward 6-8 inches of it (before it bends up to form the cage) with the dayglo tape. Bingo.

(Mike beat me to it while I was typing.)

I'll 2nd this... wish more courses did it. Strikes a wonderful balance across the following factors:
+ Effective
+ Easy to implement
+ Cost effective
+ Easy to change as required
+ Can accommodate multiple tees... just use two different colors of tape for two different sets of tees. Where there's a single tee on the next hole, just put one band of each color on the same spoke.

About the only time this really doesn't work is for rotating pin placement schemes.

I need to do this as well and am planning to laminate some small paper signs and attach them to trees with long nylon ties. I have a small laminator and making the signs will be easy.

If the course has "natural" tees, just make sure there's something that makes it obvious to people when they've arrived at the tee. While knowing what direction to go is a huge help, actually finding the tee itself can still be frustrating on (particularly on newer, relatively open courses, where all the grass looks the same. Obviously, tee posts of some sort are preferable, but if they aren't available at all (or yet), painted rocks with the hole # on them are pretty easy to do.

One thing concrete tees don't get enough credit for, is being a halfway decent navigational aide on courses that don't have tee markers.... you can spot 'em from a pretty good distance off, and nothing's better at telling you where the hole actually begins.

^ Thanks BogeyNoMore. Course was officially declared 'Open to the Public' today. Tee pads will be natural (dirt) for a couple of weeks while we throw and determine final pad locations. Currently dug out and leveled, marked with either wood or orange flags.

This is too late to help you now, but may help someone in the future. The DiscGolfPark basket has (Next Tee) arrows welded in to the cage.

Attachments

• DiscGolfParkArrow.jpg
    DiscGolfParkArrow.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 34
Laser print (not inkjet) will hold up fine outside with some packing tape or in a plastic bag. Can laminate at any office depot type place for a few $

Latest posts