• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is Infinite the new Discmania

I was implying that the inflated prices for tour discs and other new release discs seen as collectible would disguise or offset less noticeable price increases. It doesn't surprise me that stock sale prices would be stable for a while due to retailers being desperate to move what stock they do receive.

Why would retailers be desperate to move stock? Given the overall lack of stock, it should be just the opposite. I suppose there might be a few retailers who've been aced out of inventory that are having cash flow issues, but trying to solve that by letting new, restricted volume, stock go at less than market is a good way to ensure your cash flow issues continue.

Why would retailers be desperate to move stock? Given the overall lack of stock, it should be just the opposite. I suppose there might be a few retailers who've been aced out of inventory that are having cash flow issues, but trying to solve that by letting new, restricted volume, stock go at less than market is a good way to ensure your cash flow issues continue.
Cash flow and simple competition.

(Note: I tried to edit the word "desperate" to "energized" right as this site crashed and it didn't go through.)

I think for the immediate time being secondary market prices indicate retailers could be charging prices closer to MSRP and not have any sales volume issues.

It'd be different if there were retailers sitting on tons of in stock plastic, but that's not the case. As soon as retailers receive orders and get the inventory loaded onto their websites it doesn't last.

If one of the big online retailers raised their prices by a buck across the board their stock might initially not sell through as fast as other sites, but still will. Eventually you'd see people go to them first because they're tired of striking out with other vendors trying to save a dollar. Over time the other retailers will follow suit. It's just tough being the first one to take the step because nobody wants it to backfire on them.

If the manufacturing increases I'm seeing in other products are carrying over to discs(plastic and shipping are big culprits so I think they will) we will see discs rise in price this year. Maybe not 25% like I was originally thinking if all brands end up taking a lower margin to remain competitive, but we will see it.

not looking good

Attachments

• jussi 1.jpg
    jussi 1.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 67
  • jussi 2.jpeg
    jussi 2.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 67
I've finally managed to find suitable replacements for my favorite Discmania molds from other manufacturers. Might be time to consider selling off some of my P2's, MD3's, and FD's.

Agree. That's a message designed to soften the blow. Thank you for posting. Edit: you should post in the Ask Discmania thread.

good call, just did so. somebody there posted a jussi post from instagram that says "calm before storm" so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've finally managed to find suitable replacements for my favorite Discmania molds from other manufacturers. Might be time to consider selling off some of my P2's, MD3's, and FD's.

what'd you go with for MD3s? might have to do the same with my FDs

what'd you go with for MD3s? might have to do the same with my FDs

I just ended up going to the Buzzz. Close enough for me in feel and flight and even when Discraft were hard to come by over the past year it seems you could always grab a Buzzz if you wanted one.

The FD was harder to replace for me but I stumbled upon the Axiom Crave and they are filling that role wonderfully right now.

If the originals goes out the window then I'll switch over to a full Evolution bag that I have been considering for a good while now. Get rid of all the rare plastic in my bag (and make some $$$ while I'm at it)

If the originals goes out the window then I'll switch over to a full Evolution bag that I have been considering for a good while now. Get rid of all the rare plastic in my bag (and make some $$$ while I'm at it)

I've tried a few of the evolution molds and just didn't jive with them. As far as the trilogy plastic goes there are several offerings that I enjoy throwing but the molds they are producing for Discmania just aren't my jam.

Latest posts