• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Koto's ITB

Koto

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: Playing since 2009. Only really 3-4 years total of consistent play.
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH primarily. Utility forehands out to 250'
Golf Distance (avg/max) for putter/mid/driver: Judge: 220/240'; Comet: 270/290'; TL3: 290/310'; Shryke: 340/380'

Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Occasional elbow soreness (way better with more regular play and stretching)
Other sport proficiencies?: Hockey
Additional Information: I've played very often between 2009-2011. Very little between 2012-2016. I played one tournament and a lot of casual rounds in 2017. After 2017 I took a long break after moving around a lot and playing more hockey. For the last 3 months I've been back playing weekly and really enjoying it.
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I love my shorter range discs. I dislike my lack of control drivers.
Specific areas of desired feedback: I'd like to get consistently over 400' in the next year or so. I would love to get some forehand distance, but unsure if that will put strain on my elbow.

Bag:

Drivers:
167 Star Shryke (Slightly worn): go to max distance driver
175 Star Shryke (New): Backup, distance
173 Pro Shryke (New): Eventually long roller/turnover distance driver

Drives (Unsure about keeping):
175 Lucid Trespass (Worn): Hard flat shots
171 Star Sidewinder (New): Only thrown once or twice
169 DX Destroyer (Beat): Long hyzerflip turnovers/Rollers
175 Star Destroyer (Almost new): Meathook/Spike Hyzers

Fairway Drivers:

172 GStar Eagle (Almost new) - Fairway shots that need the fade
175 2022 Barsby Eagle (Almost new) - Overstable shots between 275-300'
175 Star TL3 Slightly worn - Straight/Hyzerflip woods shots up to around 310'
165 Star TL (Worn) - Turnovers

Mids:
176 Champion Roc3 (almost new): Straight to fade/Hyzer shots to around 275'
177 Glo Z Buzzz (used) - Hard straight shots, lower ceiling
175 ESP Comet (worn) - Hyzerflip tunnel shots, big turnovers out to around 290'
175 Z Michael Jo comet (almost new) - Straight shots with high ceiling, no wind

Putters:
175 Prime Burst Judge (Worn) - putting putter
175 Classic Hybrid Judge (Worn) - straight approaches that need to stick
174 Lucid Judge (Slightly worn) - Straight/Turover putter shots off the tee
175 Star Rhyno (Worn) - Forehand approaches, flex shots off the tee, hyzer backhand approaches. This disc was a gift and probably my current favorite.

Notes:

I'm mostly satisfied with my putters, mids, and lower speed drivers. I think what I'm still trying to figure out is that spot between the eagle and the shrykes which is a lot of ground to cover admittedly. I've had a lot of fun throwing the shrykes for my maximum distance drives that have the room to operate, so I'm reticent to take them out of the bag. Honestly something that has a similar flight to the Trespass but a little lower speed as a controlled distance drive would be nice.

I will probably be dropping the destroyers, and I'm not sure about the sidewinder. I was bagging the 2017 Sexton firebirds but managed to lose both of them in the last couple of months. I'm open to trying different options to cover that overstable 9/10 speed slot.

Maybe remove all the drivers you are unsure about keeping, then while playing without them see if you wish you had any of them.

Latest posts