• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Bandit - most stable variation?

jrsmith43

If anyone has experience with Legacy Bandit in pinnacle or honey bee plastic your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Picked up a slightly used legacy bandit after reading where some people in the forums consider it a longer leopard3. I throw a L3 for control hyzer flips straight for around 300'. I have to range that back for low ceilings. My hope was a Bandit thrown with same power would have similar shot shape but get 30' - 40' more distance. The Bandit I have is slightly used purple icon plastic 173g. Its just as flippy as my g Star roadrunner and actually less consistent. If I was going for the sprinkler system award I think this is a disc I would use. I've since read that purple icon can be the worst from legacy for turn & burn. That obviously is just internets speculation. The one I have is kinda domey which I don't think is helping in this case.

I really want to still give this mold a chance so I'm wondering what others have had be the most stable and resistant to OAT in a bandit. By stable here I mean relative to the variations for the mold as this obviously is an understable disc. So what I'm looking for is to find the right combination for this mold where it will throw a nice hyzer flip similar to champion L3.

My guess is finding the flattest bandit in either Pinnacle or honeybee Pinnacle plastic may be the secret sauce in my search for a fairway driver that flies like a Leopard3 but goes farther. The one I have goes farther and I can see the potential of the disc it just needs to be a better example.

My purple Bandit was one of the most US discs I ever owned. Gave it away within a week. Even my Underworld was more stable.

If you can pick out a Bandit, look for one that has some dome. Flat is garbage for most/if not all understable drivers. I have a domey Icon that is very straight. Another first run Icon with shallow dome with more flip.

oldmandiscer - Thanks for your insightful reply. If only all of this available in the late '90s when I started playing disc golf I wouldn't have formed all these misconceptions. As soon as I think I understand something about DG somebody points out how I don't. I had been applying my experience that flatter is better for overstable to understandable discs as well. Did some searching in the forums and sure enough lots of explanations that flat is good for OS dome is better for US. That makes sense if I think about it as in a tailwind my g-star roadrunner has reasonable amount of dome if not overpowered picks up a lot of lift and will fly straight sometimes as far as my flatter broken in trespass that I'm throwing much faster.

With all that being said I am probably going to look for a first-run pinnacle Bandit because the plastic is stiffer with some dome. The purple icon one I have is junk explaining why it was on eBay for cheap with little to no scratches on it.

Latest posts