• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New hope church course @ American tobacco trail head, Cary, NC

Rbwjazz

A new course is in the planning stages by the city of Cary, NC. Course should be in design phase now with construction starting in fall and opening in winter 2017/2018. Cary DGL looks to be a major partner in volunteer work.

If I'm not mistaken they've been in talks for a course in this area for a while, I'm glad it got the go ahead. If Jay is designing I hope he gets enough space to really push his designing ability because he was very limited by space at jones and mc. I also hope he learns how to design a hole that goes left.

As I hear more I will post here. I should be involved in the dev. I called and put my name on a volunteer list.

What is Jay Pontier's involvement in this new course?

What's up on this course in Cary? How does volunteering work there?
SidMo

I heard from Jay that it's next on the list after East Clayton. Marsh Creek is supposed to go in next year also. (That's off Buffalo Road, near Capital Blvd.)

Jay has been spearheading talking about this one for years. "West Cary" is what he refers to it as.

If I'm not mistaken they've been in talks for a course in this area for a while, I'm glad it got the go ahead. If Jay is designing I hope he gets enough space to really push his designing ability because he was very limited by space at jones and mc. I also hope he learns how to design a hole that goes left.

They announced the layout last night. 22 holes 9,241' long. So it sounds like he had plenty of room. I agree it would be nice if JayPo design was more balanced for all throwers not just lefties.

That's fine, I have a decent FH and turnover game.

New Hope Church Update

Hello All -

Super pumped to have a West Cary Course in the works. I played the front 9 a couple days ago, just throwing at the PVC pipes that are marking the pins currently. Didnt see the PVC pipes after hole 9 though. Really looking forward to them finishing it up. They have some cool elevated pins in the works!!

PS. There seems to be a good mix of L and R lines on each hole.

See ya on the links!

Played there for the first time yesterday. Beautiful, challenging, and fun. Very impressed. Hole 9 from the Blues might be one of the best in all of NC.

Latest posts