• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Old Reliable (If it ain't broke, don't fix it)

Lurp Nuts

* Ace Member *
Well, here we are, I am so bored that I'm going to make a post about my bag. It hasn't dramatically changed in over 5 years, with the only movements being cycled-in discs, and the introduction of the Zone and the Polecat.
The "x/10" numbers mostly refer to the stability of the disc relative to new, not so much the seller's grade.

D1 169g, 8/10, 400 First Run - overstable
D1 167g, 8/10, 400 Proto - extraordinarily neutral (go-to backhand)
D1 166g, 5/10, 400 Proto - flippy, these protos had very little fade to begin with

PD 175g, 7/10 C-Line First Run - overstable
PD 175g, 5/10, C-Line First Run - straight to slightly overstable (go-to backhand or forehand)
TD 168g, 7/10, C-Line Later bubbles run - straight to slightly understable
RoadRunner 169g, 4/10, Champion, The fourth disc I ever bought, super flippy

Firebird 175g, 9/10, Champion FAF - always keep a fresh one around for when things get weird
Firebird 167g, 5/10, Champion FAF - straight to fade, little wiggle, but with huge torque resistance

FD 168g, 6/10, C-Line Second Run - dead straight woods disc
Leopard3 175g, 5/10, Drew Gibson sig Luster - straight to flippy woods disc

Roc 180g, 8/10, Multi-Purpose KC, straight to fade
Roc 180g, 6/10, Multi-Purpose KC, dead straight to slight turn
Roc 180g, 3/10, Multi-Purpose KC, flips and rollers

Zone 175g, 7/10, McBeth First Run Z, straight to fade (go-to forehand)
Wizard 175g, 8/10, Soft, straight to fade
Wizard 175g, 6/10, Soft, dead straight to slight turn (go-to backhand)
Wizard 175g, 3/10, Soft, super flippy, basically my version of 'greenie"
Polecat 168g, 6/10, DX, the disc I never knew I needed, always thought I could just use a beat Wizard, but this thing is incredible.

2x Voodoos, 175g, glow, putting only

I will include an extra newer 2nd Run FD and Luster Leopard3 if I know I'll be playing a tight course.
The only real hole I would address would be a truly flippy maximum distance disc, but that far out I usually just roll the RR or do a D1 flex. Honorable mentions go to my Eagle Ls who often come in when I want to spice things up, old mold Neutron Anodes, and a stack of S and P-Line PDs that get used when I feel out of shape and struggle to fully maneuver the C-lines.

Naturally, everything is held together by a Voodoo Karma and Phenix Quad Shox.

Attachments

• 57DFA961-7B42-4DAC-8AE7-C29A27290D26.jpg
    57DFA961-7B42-4DAC-8AE7-C29A27290D26.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 30
i'm jealous about that perfectly seasoned 2nd run FD. must have took years to get it there.

i'm also going to concern-troll you about the perfectly seasoned 2nd run fd also lol.

because, that is such a rare disc to find in the first place. then new ones are actually surprisingly overstable so it would take so long (YEARS LOL) to get another one to that perfectly straight slot.

i'm jealous about that perfectly seasoned 2nd run FD. must have took years to get it there.

i'm also going to concern-troll you about the perfectly seasoned 2nd run fd also lol.

because, that is such a rare disc to find in the first place. then new ones are actually surprisingly overstable so it would take so long (YEARS LOL) to get another one to that perfectly straight slot.

Might be risky to say in December, but my philosophy applies to retiring discs too - if it ain't broke, don't replace it. Should anything happen to that disc, I have another FD of the same weight and stability on the shelf, as well as a handful of fresh reserves. Just goes to show, if you find a run that you like, buy multiple. They were $12.99 a piece, so I try to not be too precious about it.

Latest posts