• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paratrooper Inserts - Do you use all of them?

gwsmallwood

Birdie Member
I've been rocking the Paratrooper for about a year. I've seen some discussions here and there about people not using most of the inserts, or maybe just the bottom and rear inserts. Anyone else experiment with this? Does it hold its shape well enough without them? I'm thinking about trying it. I also just picked up the new Discology Icon to try out and I'm considering the same with that one, although I suspect it might be more noticeable with the open-bag style.

I only use the side panel inserts on mine as per the advice of Doth Savek on Youtube and I found I have the same durability and a little more room for my discs to move. I couldn't even get the front panel in the first time I was putting my bag together so I didn't even try. The putter pocket droops slightly but it doesn't bother me.

Mine came with everything set up. It is super sturdy compared to my MVP Voyager II.

I only use the side panel inserts on mine as per the advice of Doth Savek on Youtube and I found I have the same durability and a little more room for my discs to move. I couldn't even get the front panel in the first time I was putting my bag together so I didn't even try. The putter pocket droops slightly but it doesn't bother me.
Over time my putter pocket started to sag and separate from the velcro, even with the back pocket safety pinned like Doth recommended and all of the inserts in place. I think they just need more velcro on the back to account for that happening over time.