• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rec Level In The Bag

Jgilletted4

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: DG 1 year 3 months
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some fh
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: putter/mid: 230/270'; Fairway: 275/310'; Distance: 330/350'

I measure my distance by hole 1 on my home course. The pin is 310 ft straight there is a tree about 270 slightly to the left of the line to the pin. When I first started everything was between halfway to the tree and the tree. Now on solid full power throws, I usually get my putters to the tree, my fairways to the pin and my distance drivers about 30 to 40 feet past the pin

Optional:
Sex: M
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I would like to add more true mids and control drivers but it usually ends up in too much overlap because I am not throwing far enough for there to be large gaps between putters and fairways and fairways and distance drivers.
Specific areas of desired feedback: I have a much better backhand then forehand. When I add understable discs to my bag, I almost always start relying on touch backhands for forehand favorable holes. Is there a need for truly understable discs if I am trying to rely on forehand for right turning holes?
Immediate and long-term goals: I'd like to improve my forehand by having a consistent straight to fade shot, and gain distance on backhand to be able to have 300 ft avg shots with putter 350 ft avg fairway and 400ft avg distance driver

I started throwing understable discs with a lot of hyzer, relying mainly on hyzer flip type straight shots. Now I try to throw stable to overstable discs on very slight hyzer, straight, or slight anny depending on shot type.
Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use.
171 Lucid Sheriff, (new, slightly understable) - main distance driver when I can afford to have a little turn
174 metal flake lucid sheriff, (used, very straight) - I use this for most drives that I need a straight line, it does have some finish, so I have to be careful of that
174 lucid x chameleon moonshine sheriff, (new, overstable but not dumpy) - I only use this for strong headwinds where I cant afford it going to the right

Fairways
174 Opto Explorer, (beat, very straight with a slight turn and slight fade) - main driver
175 Opto-X Explorer, (new, overstable but not dumpy) - more of a headwind disc
172 lucid-x chameleon sheriff, (new, more overstable than a felon or raptor, flies then dumps hard)- I use this for an overstable approach that is longer than my harp can reach

Throwing putters/Mids:
175 Bt hard harp, (beat, straight if thrown with a little anny) - main thrower
175 bt soft harp (used, overstable and sticks when it lands) - most of my approaches are with this

Putting:
175 classic judge x2, (used) - interchangeable main putters

It sounds like our games aren't entirely dissimilar. I find having an understable mid or putter for step out forehands to be pretty essential. The hole may play hyzer-hyzer, but then I slide my tee shot up against a tree and don't have a clean backhand look. I can flick something like a Sol and still get that left finish that I need.

Latest posts