• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Recommendations for bag/accessory that can carry 4-6 discs, and stay on while throwing?

sandolorian

I have a Voyager Lite that i love, but sometimes when i just want to do a quick round at the local par3 course, I don't want to carry my whole pack. I have tried a few shoulder bags (not dg specific, but close enough) and i found they flop around too much when throwing to keep them on.

Do you have a bag or something that you can comfortably keep on the whole round?

Anyone tried a belt holster? This might work for me but I might feel self conscious...

Any other ideas short of just carrying your discs in your hand?

Bonus if it can carry a small water bottle.

Nutsac. I like my double nutsac, even if its only for 5 or 6 discs, it squishes down well enough, or expands for tourney rounds/extra beer or gear, single drink holster, bonus pocket in the front. Really durable. I also have a rogue iron rip off one, its a lot cheaper, I like the zippered back pocket and extra storage better but after a year or two there's a tear that needs mending and that's light usage compared to my original double nutsac that I used for 6+ years and is still in use by another fellow.

The trick to throwing bag on with it is to use the strap cross body (on your off shoulder) and attach a carabiner from the strap ring to your belt loop. I do that when it's really wet out and I don't want to put my bag down.

A friend of mine uses the "Quiver" I think it's called. Looks like the best for playing that way, no drink holder.

I play with a guy who wears a Towch on his belt with about 4-5 discs. Not my thing, but it seems to work for him. I have a single Nutsac myself. I can put 5 discs in it and 1-2 half liter bottles of water in the front pocket (mine doesn't have a drink holder). I take it off to throw though.

Nutsac. I like my double nutsac, even if its only for 5 or 6 discs, it squishes down well enough, or expands for tourney rounds/extra beer or gear, single drink holster, bonus pocket in the front. Really durable. I also have a rogue iron rip off one, its a lot cheaper, I like the zippered back pocket and extra storage better but after a year or two there's a tear that needs mending and that's light usage compared to my original double nutsac that I used for 6+ years and is still in use by another fellow.

The trick to throwing bag on with it is to use the strap cross body (on your off shoulder) and attach a carabiner from the strap ring to your belt loop. I do that when it's really wet out and I don't want to put my bag down.

A friend of mine uses the "Quiver" I think it's called. Looks like the best for playing that way, no drink holder.
Thanks so much for the info and tips. I had only just recently heard of the nutsac bag, which i guess might have been what for me thinking. I had discounted it because i had trouble with other bags swinging around when throwing. But your tip about clipping it on your belt loop was a great idea. To test it (and because my wife would kill me buying a $100+ bag after just buying my voyager lite a few months ago) i bought an infinite Easy Bag which is pretty much the same style but only $14. Tried it out this morning and it worked great! I had to clip both sides but it kept it in place really well when throwing. Thanks again!

I play with a guy who wears a Towch on his belt with about 4-5 discs. Not my thing, but it seems to work for him. I have a single Nutsac myself. I can put 5 discs in it and 1-2 half liter bottles of water in the front pocket (mine doesn't have a drink holder). I take it off to throw though.
Thanks, I'll probably look into getting a nutsac once my Easy Bag wears out. The towch is an interesting idea. Thanks for the ideas!

more info on hip holster bags: Ripshot Disc bag
Thanks, I hadn't heard of that one yet. After reading the reviews in the link, I think I would worry too much about discs falling out, but otherwise it looks cool.

So far I'm liking a nutsac style bag with clips to my belt. The only problem is it bunches my shirt up (per picture below), so a belt-only holster style would be better in that way.
20231220_112528.jpg

But a side benefit of a nutsac style bag is it fits inside the top of my Voyager Lite, so I don't even need to switch discs between my main bag and mini bag:
20231220_112854.jpg
Helpful if I want to do 9 holes at the local par-3 with my main bag to have lots of discs to do practice throws, and then drop it off in the car and do another quick round with just the small bag.

I'll have to see how this goes for a while.

I have a Voyager Lite that i love, but sometimes when i just want to do a quick round at the local par3 course, I don't want to carry my whole pack. I have tried a few shoulder bags (not dg specific, but close enough) and i found they flop around too much when throwing to keep them on.

Do you have a bag or something that you can comfortably keep on the whole round?

Anyone tried a belt holster? This might work for me but I might feel self conscious...

Any other ideas short of just carrying your discs in your hand?

Bonus if it can carry a small water bottle.
Get An Aldi shopping bag for $1.99

i have the original nutsac. holds up to 4 discs. i usually take it off for the tee shot, then leave it on for upshots and putts.
Just 4? Did they start making them bigger because that was too minimal? Or are you packing a zephyr or condor haha.

02eefa484d45cbcc6cf0692130bf847b.jpg

What you need is bandoliers for discs.

Latest posts