• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RHBH 300 Ft Max

I still would recommend that you focus on what he said. But in case it triggers a new body insight:

New way to say it: in your 3 step x-step you are kind of sinking on your first step, rising on your second step. You should be rising on your first step, and already drifting and dropping over your second step.

N33fgKq.gif

Watch this like 100 times. First Gurthie since it's so obvious - he's clearly getting higher in the 3rd to last step, then just continuing to "ride down the ramp" and drop into the plant. Then look at Eagle. It's more subtle because it's so horizontal, but it's there.

YCtUAPa.gif

Drill something out: This move might help. "same" idea as Double Dragon and Hershyzer. Swinging the leg back helps your body find the tilt and momentum. But you need your first step to make you taller so that you can drift and drop as the rear foot takes weight.
z1DE0kp.gif

Then add the 3rd step. I still do this in my X-step practice between takes. Adding more and more momentum and getting better impact force and bracing. Always momentum before muscle.

I've noticed I can't get good leverage if I don't come down into the plant. You're saying I should get that height on the first step instead of the second.

Oh look, another thing Sidewinder taught me lmao.

Conveniently this video also starts at the first of three steps.

Watch Espen's hop. Whether you take it that vertical or not, same idea as vertical GG or horizontal Eagle.

Some throws seem to be moving in the right direction. I'm getting more distance from my slower discs but a little less from drivers. I have been more accurate lately too.

Last edited:
Use Youtube player, easier to manipulate framewise. I'll bite the bullet this time to help a lifter bro out.

You are now getting taller in the "prep step" (good).

Your Hershyzer posture in transition is trending a little better, however... (remember I am very much empathetic to your struggles in particular):

This is going to appear very subtle to you but you are still not quite "shifting from underneath". Drills can teach you this faster than throwing because they can mega-exaggerate it. You probably need to address your balance with a sustained campaign involving nuclear warheads right now, not a few days with a scalpel. I would be focusing all my firepower on the transition move from Hershyzer/Double Dragon/Turbo Encabulator if I were you. Bigger, longer, more momentum, in good posture, over and over. Kick the Can gets more effective IMHO after that which I'm increasingly appreciating. Over and over and over and over again. We can help you faster if you show us how you are drilling rather than just throwing.

Sometimes this move "clicks" faster for people because the plant leg swinging back helps you coil up, and it still involves a "shift from underneath." I forget how much you've worked with this one specifically.
z1DE0kp.gif

Another persuasive attempt
I have never seen anyone with significant tipping issues and leg and balance confusion like this solve it overnight. Needed thousands of drill reps myself, not sure in your case but IMO worth the effort if you want to fix it. My old habits flare up occasionally and the fix is easy: I bombard them again with drills I've practiced over and over and recover quickly. I can often fix issues now the very next throw because my body recognizes them immediately.

My strategic advice is to view your weightlifter posture as a syndrome when it comes to learning to throw. The cure is to counteract those countless thousands of repetitions with new muscle memory traces. If you discover another "hack" I'm not aware of I definitely want to know about it.

Specific form points - this is simpler to learn if you just drill it out a piece at a time, baby.
1. You are still hiding a tip away during your prep step. I think this is causing your rear leg to extend and kind of "reach" a bit for contact with the ground, which is also locking the leg up slightly. Notice also that your front knee is leaking open/pointing forward whereas pros generally move with the front knee and hip more closed at this point.

2. You briefly drop onto your x-step, but you are sneaking a little rise again in there (blink and you'll miss it but it's there, somewhat hidden because you are tilting away). So you end up still tipping over into the plant. You can't fix this without working on (1) due to how posture and balance interact with the ground.

You basically need to get rid of as much of that lean/tip away in the X-step as you can, start drifting out of the prep step, land the X-step, and continue the X-step alllllll the way through a Hershyzer into the plant.

Simon's transition move is uniquely good so don't beat yourself up too much, but his balance is actually the opposite of yours in each stride including before the X-step (Pratt drill), which is why he can move like that with the front hip closed and rear leg coming in more naturally like walking without stretching that rear leg to compensate for tipping away. It took me what felt like forever to start to solve this.
1715178073614.png

Expectations & Perspective when learning something fundamentally new:
Long Run Perspective: most coaches I've talked to who bother to get data break new player development into 5-year phases. 1-2 is basic motion and safety. This phase might take longer for certain persons and adults. 3-4 is onboarding more advanced skills and movements. 5+ is advanced skills and optimizing+pushing limits with specialized body training. You can try to skip the first phase but it carries predictable risks.

Btw I usually add distance to putters and mids and lose a little on drivers at first because the way the arm swings/pulls through always changes as the way the lower body move changes to commit power into the release and drivers are very sensitive to release angles and trajectories (and speed). I've learned to just be patient with it because the time to regain control over drivers decreases faster after each subsequent change, then I'm throwing them just as far or farther with less effort. Not sure if that's a general pattern but it probably is.

Just wanted to express my gratitude for y'all taking the time to give me detailed explanation. I can sense you willing me to do better 😄 (and a little frustration that I want it to happen quickly). I am starting to connect a bit of feel with what you're showing me in comparisons. I'll do more drilling to make the balance natural.

Just wanted to express my gratitude for y'all taking the time to give me detailed explanation. I can sense you willing me to do better 😄 (and a little frustration that I want it to happen quickly). I am starting to connect a bit of feel with what you're showing me in comparisons. I'll do more drilling to make the balance natural.
I had a friend once say to me in a completely different area: "it's like I have this gift that I want to give you, but I can't figure out how to get you to receive it."

Sidewinder is giving me the foundation to receive a wonderful gift. Receiving the gift is hard for people with the degree of enthusiasm and impatience that you and I probably share.

I had a friend once say to me in a completely different area: "it's like I have this gift that I want to give you, but I can't figure out how to get you to receive it."

Sidewinder is giving me the foundation to receive a wonderful gift. Receiving the gift is hard for people with the degree of enthusiasm and impatience that you and I probably share.

1. First video: trending better, but let's get your shift as "underneath you as possible."

When you land, try to land more closed to the "target." You want your shoulder more closed off when you land like a linebacker about to put his shoulder into a running back. That will also help you keep the leading leg a bit more closed. You will gradually get more and more impact more and more "on top" of your leg if you're doing it right. Let the head relax and stay with the body for now rather than rushing to "target." Doesn't matter if you end up more horizontal or vertical - you want the same mechanics either way.
1715199313661.png

2. Second video: tilt is looking a bit better there. Work on (1) here then try to carry the move through into the plant out of the X-step - you want to keep the momentum flowing forward in all the way into the landing. But IMO most important to get (1) done first so you teach your body what a powerful posture is landing in the plant.

Attachments

• 1715198427113.png
    1715198427113.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 1715199309123.png
    1715199309123.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
1. First video: trending better, but let's get your shift as "underneath you as possible."

When you land, try to land more closed to the "target." You want your shoulder more closed off when you land like a linebacker about to put his shoulder into a running back. That will also help you keep the leading leg a bit more closed. You will gradually get more and more impact more and more "on top" of your leg if you're doing it right. Let the head relax and stay with the body for now rather than rushing to "target." Doesn't matter if you end up more horizontal or vertical - you want the same mechanics either way.
View attachment 339510

2. Second video: tilt is looking a bit better there. Work on (1) here then try to carry the move through into the plant out of the X-step - you want to keep the momentum flowing forward in all the way into the landing. But IMO most important to get (1) done first so you teach your body what a powerful posture is landing in the plant.
Is there a can/ball reaction that indicates a better form? I got it to go really high and far, but it seems like it should go more straight out with the improvements you mentioned.

Is there a can/ball reaction that indicates a better form? I got it to go really high and far, but it seems like it should go more straight out with the improvements you mentioned.
Would curious what SW does specifically, but I mostly think about "down the line/trajectory" at about the height he kicks (maybe between 10-20 degrees loft). Usually when he posts a drill he is doing it that specific way for a specific reason. Should help you keep the main momentum of the whole move going the right way if you do it like that.