• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

San Antonio Recommendation, Please

JasonATL

Headed to San Antonio tomorrow and will be staying (according to Google) 8 minutes from Northwest Vista College course or 25 minutes from McClain Park course.

Anyone have a suggestion of the one I should play? Or another hidden gem that I am not mentioning...?

I will be on a family trip and only have time to play one round.

Many thanks in advance for suggestions.

I lived in North Austin for a couple years and never once ventured to San Antonio to play. I researched it quite a bit back then and only once drove by all the awesome south Austin courses.

I played Flying Armadillo In San Marcos. A pretty awesome piece of property with two courses. its about 40 minutes from downtown San Antonio. while there I actually threw with two guys from San Antonio, and they agreed that south Austin's disc golf course selection was better San Antonio. However they did mention their local favorite was McClain Park. Also note, a pair of Houck courses opened recently in Live Oak park (NE SA) after I moved away. Not sure if you know this designer, but he generally delivers a great layout.

I'd play McClain or one of the new Live Oak courses.

Kind of just depends on what you like. McClain has mostly short (sub 350) wooded holes. Very fun.

The new Live Oak courses are long with a lot of legit par 4's and 5's. Also very fun, but if you're not a far thrower you might not like this one as much.

Either way, just keep your eyes peeled for snakes.

I used to live right by Vista and I loved that little course. McClain is cool for a longer day trip, there is a cool food truck spot by there too that I like. Vista would get my vote.

Latest posts