• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Spring Valley DGC in Houston area

Doktor John

Birdie Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I didn't know where to add this comment, so I thought maybe this would be a good place...

I read a review this morning on this course and the guy mentioned how helpful the Pro Shop staff was and how great their disc selection is.

I second that!

These guys are everything a Pro Shop should be...they had great tips on other courses in the area...head's up on what to watch out for on their course and most important for me: they are the ones who introduced me to this site, for which I am super grateful.

Their disc selection is amazing...I like the 150 Champion Leopard for a variety of reasons and they are hard to find, even on line....I walked in there and they had 5 of them!

So I thought, I better buy a couple to have on hand...

On hole one, I teed off with my used 150 that I brought on my trip and over spun it and it landed in the lake! Fortunately I wasn't too bummed since I had two new ones sitting in my bag!

If you are in the Houston area, the drive to the course would be worth it for the Pro Shop alone....plus the course was a blast...

If I ever manage to make it to the Houston area I'll have to play that course and thank the guys for promoting the site. Sounds like a good course too!

Agree 100%

I agree, the pro staff at Spring Valley is very knowledgeable, and not just about innova and discraft, but the other brands as well. When I was there the guy was walked us through their selection of latitude 64 discs as well. Sweet!!

THe icing on the cake for Spring Valley DGC is that it is in close proximity (a few miles away on the same road) to 2 other very nice dg courses!!! one of which (terramont) has the most terrain of any course in the houston area.

If you are near Houston and don't play at least Spring Valley (if not all three), you should donate your favorite driver to the SPCA as a dog disc for calling yourself a disc golfer.

I agree, the pro staff at Spring Valley is very knowledgeable, and not just about innova and discraft, but the other brands as well. When I was there the guy was walked us through their selection of latitude 64 discs as well. Sweet!!

THe icing on the cake for Spring Valley DGC is that it is in close proximity (a few miles away on the same road) to 2 other very nice dg courses!!! one of which (terramont) has the most terrain of any course in the Houston area.

If you are near Houston and don't play at least Spring Valley (if not all three), you should donate your favorite driver to the SPCA as a dog disc for calling yourself a disc golfer.

I agree with playing Terramont. Playing up and down that huge hill is a challenge and will give you a work out.
I would also like to invite all of you to try my home course "River Grove Park" in Kingwood, TX. This course is maybe one of the most challenging courses in the area, and will make you use every skill you got to score par. Some holes are easy and some are very hard. One one hole you might get a Birdie, and on the next you will take a 6. Its just like that. Its also a great course to play this time of year because 90% of the course is in the shade of those big trees out there. Let me know if you want to try this course and I will be happy to show you around. Its a little hard to navigate the first time you play, so its nice to have someone who knows the course to show you around. The first time I played there, I got lost for 20 minutes.