• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tee Pad Surfaces - Yay or Nay? (The Teebox Co.)

What tee pad surface do you prefer? (You can pick more than one)

• Concrete

Votes: 180 83.7%
  • Solid rubber mats

Votes: 34 15.8%
  • Rubber fatigue mats (the one with holes)

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Natural (dirt, crushed aggregate, etc.)

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Artificial turf

Votes: 62 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i have tried them and found them to suck just as much as other rubber pads when muddy or sandy.

Which side was facing up? They're textured differently and I wonder if one would work better than the other.

I prefer concrete, I've played on 1 artificial turf teepad and it was decent I wouldn't be opposed to them. I wasn't a fan of the fatigue mat I played on, it messed up my follow through pivot on a few shots, not enough to hurt me or my throw, but enough to be annoying. Rubber Fly mats get really slippery when its dry and dusty out, kind of like the anti-friction powder on shuffleboard tables. And natural tees just flat out stink! They can be too sloppy/muddy, and uneven, I feel I have the best chance of getting hurt on natural Tees. My favorite Teepads however are well done paver Teepads (i guess that would be characterized under concrete) because if they're done properly its just like concrete, but much more aesthetically pleasing. This photo was taken from a local course to me, before the installation was complete, they're all solid and even now :thmbup:
11039848_476638972503495_1983618425067692615_n.jpg

I prefer concrete with a good brushed surface. Yeah it tears up my expensive shoes but its consistent. Surfaces that are too soft or grippy are tough on your joints on big drives that generate a lot of torque.

I've tee'd off on all sorts of surfaces. I prefer concrete and artificial turf. Anything else gets too slick when it rains. The plastic tees with holes they use for USDGC are pretty grippy, but I'm not sure how long they will retain their traction. I would imagine the plastic ridges that give traction would wear out pretty quick. Pretty much every paver brick teepad I've ever been on has sucked in the rain. The rubber pads also get slick. Maybe not when new, but after they absorb a bunch of crap they get pretty damn greasy when wet.

I prefer concrete with a good brushed surface. Yeah it tears up my expensive shoes but its consistent. Surfaces that are too soft or grippy are tough on your joints on big drives that generate a lot of torque.

Brushed concrete for me too. I like concrete because it doesn't wear out like artificial surfaces. I imagine I'd be holding my breathe for quite a while if I depended on the Parks Dept to replace some turf.