• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Hot and Lazy Day Bag

Osmo

*I whine a lot*
This is my main bag and how it is set up. I just bought a smaller bag because I have been overheating carrying it on hot days. I want to make a bag for going for quick rounds or when its to hot to take my main bag.

I have a Fade Lite bag, 10-12 discs. So please give answers with 10-12 discs.

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 1 year
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some RHFH, occasional overhand
Golf Distance (avg/max*) Driving Distance 300-350 with a River 350-375 with a Blizzard Wraith

* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Noodle Arm and a Tendency to OAT in my form
Other sport proficiencies?: Fishing (ITS A SPORT DAMNIT!)
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Seems to cover most shots ill ever need and has little overlap (i think)
Specific areas of desired feedback: Would like to know if any holes exist.
Immediate and long-term goals: Consistant flight from my mids. I have a very poor midrange game. i can drive good enough to get by and can putt proficently (i have a basket in my house i practice on daily)

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
Wraith: Blizzard Champion - 139g - Worn - Long distance WIDE open shots
Northman: Goldline - 169g - New - Long Distance Restricted shot or Mild Wind
Striker: Goldline - 168g - New - Forehand/Flick or Mild Wind Backhand Distance
River: Goldline - 166g - New - Backhand Driver Low Ceiling Tight Shots.
Vision: Goldline - 169g - New - Turnover drives and backhand rollers
Leopard: GUMMY Candy pro - 150g - Worn - TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT Wooded shots where a bad bounce off a tree can kill my shot.
XxX: Opto - 171g - New - Flex Flick Shorts and rhbh meat hook drives.

Mids:
Pain: Goldline - 172g - New - Windy midrange shot
Warship: Goldline - 173g - New - Goto midrange
Fuse: Opto - 172 - New - Turnover or dead straight shot

Putters:
Ion: Soft Proton - 174g - New - Main putter inside 25-30 feet
Ion: Medium Proton - 175g - New - Main putter for just outside 30 feet.
Ion: Soft Stormtrooper - 171g - New - Putter when a bag bounce or roll at the basket count be bad (stormtrooper softs are alot ALOT floppier then the new Protons)
Zone: Z - 175g - New - Flick putts and approaches and rollers and overhand.
Zone: ESP - 175g - New - Flick putts and approaches when i need something softer.
Pure: Opto - 175g - New -Driving Putter Long range putts and RHBH approaches.

No Category:
Condor: DX - 200g - Newish - Long forehand rollers and just for laughs.

So...the extra weight of four discs is contributing to heat stress. Ok. Cutting out 4-5 discs should be easy.

Lose one or both Zones. Lose an Ion or two (keep the one you feel will best balance with the Pure). Choose between the Leopard and the River and drop the other. Drop the Northman or Striker. I can't tell if the Condor is a serious part of your equipment or not, but I'd leave it behind as well. Might be able to lose the Warship, too, but you like it, and my opinion is that the more mids the better....so.

Drink more water. :)

So...the extra weight of four discs is contributing to heat stress. Ok. Cutting out 4-5 discs should be easy.

Lose one or both Zones. Lose an Ion or two (keep the one you feel will best balance with the Pure). Choose between the Leopard and the River and drop the other. Drop the Northman or Striker. I can't tell if the Condor is a serious part of your equipment or not, but I'd leave it behind as well. Might be able to lose the Warship, too, but you like it, and my opinion is that the more mids the better....so.

Drink more water. :)

I want to limit to to as few discs as possible. Sorry i didnt mean 10-12 discs only. i meant that is the bag limit. I typed this out to fast.

My bag also has doubles of each driver in it. So it is listed as 16 discs 9i think) but is more like 23.

I was thinking

XxX
River
Wraith

Fuse
Warship

Main Ion
Zone
Pure

Last edited:
I want to limit to to as few discs as possible. Sorry i didnt mean 10-12 discs only. i meant that is the bag limit. I typed this out to fast.

My bag also has doubles of each driver in it. So it is listed as 16 discs 9i think) but is more like 23.

I was thinking

XxX
River
Wraith

Fuse
Warship

Main Ion
Zone
Pure

I think you nailed it...I might would switch out the Wraith for a Striker though.