• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Thinking about trying out these new Vibram Five Fingers!

What retail stores carry these? I can't find them anywhere.

try going to an outdoors store . or you can go to the company website and order them online
they look like it would feel weird on my feet . i have seen one player using them and he swears by them

I really want to try them on first. I emailed Vibram for a list of retailers, but thought someone on here might already know of a place.

There is a store locator on the web site under the little paragraph after you chose your location(North America etc.).

There is a store locator on the web site under the little paragraph after you chose your location(North America etc.).

I saw that originally, but it is coming up with Sun and Ski sports as a couple of it's stores that carry them. I know for a fact that they don't because I was just in one of those stores and they were not listed on Sun and Ski's website either. In fact, Sun and Ski's website doesn't even list Vibram as a brand they carry at all. I'm questioning the validity of Vibram's store locator feature.

I want to know what store someone here has actually seen them in with their own eyes, or has purchased them from.

Last edited:
I got mine from a local store (Jax) that keeps them in stock. I don't think they're stocked at many places, mostly just online. REI is listed as source for me, but they don't actually have them in the store, only on their website.

Yeah with how new and different they are I'm not sure how fast non-online stores will pick them up. You may just have to go far out of your way if you want to find a store that sells them.

For anyone that is interested, Sun and Ski does carry them, they just didn't have them on their website for some reason. Also, Luke's Locker and Backwoods carries them too.

I purchased mine online from REI. the way vibram tells you to measure is perfect and REI is totally legit about taking things back or exchanging things for you. I have declared them to be my official disc golf footwear, I wear them for almost every round that I play. I don't have the new Treks, but they look sweet! If you get them let me know how you like them!

I just bought some FiveFingers Treks from Backwoods in Ft Worth yesterday. They are going out for their maiden voyage today. I already have some serious doubts about how well they will work for disc golf. When I plant my right foot to throw RHBH and pivot, the toes kind of roll over and it feels like the leather part of the top of the big toe just about rubs on the ground...or at least rubs on the bottom of the next toe over. We shall see soon, but I'm thinking that these will be strictly for playing with on grass tee boxes and for non-dg outings.
They feel GREAT and are super light...just barely over 5 ounces each.

Nice! I have the Sprints which are a little lighter and only have a strap across the top of the foot and a lot less rubber/tread. I've really only had second thoughts about using them when I'm on really rocky courses here around Raleigh. Hope you enjoy the Treks, they look sweet.

Nice! I have the Sprints which are a little lighter and only have a strap across the top of the foot and a lot less rubber/tread. I've really only had second thoughts about using them when I'm on really rocky courses here around Raleigh. Hope you enjoy the Treks, they look sweet.

Do you disc in your Sprints without any problems with them?

Do you disc in your Sprints without any problems with them?

Yeah. I wear them almost every time I go out and play. This is my first winter owning them and I played the other morning in them...it was a little chilly around a few of the holes where there was some water standing, but I got used to it fast. I tend to have no problems on cement or natural tee boxes though, and like I was saying earlier, I have only have some issues on real rocky surfaces around some holes at a few of the courses in Raleigh. I could see that on cement tee boxes the Treks could maybe be a little weird getting used to.

Latest posts