• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upgrading a UPD Pinch

the1discChallenge

Eagle Member
Hey all, sorry for the other "what bag should I get" post, but I couldn't really find anything that fit the bill.

I've had my UPD Pinch for about 3 years and truth be told, I love it. It's got good disc capacity for me, holds my towels and keys. Howerver, I don't love the storage space for snacks and other things. I know the sides can be used for a water bottle, but the fit is a little snug with a full bag and a 32oz Nalgene, which isn't great for me.

I'm looking at upgrading to a slightly bigger bag, but don't want to go all the way to a Grip or Pound. The Ranger is one that I've considered since I owned it in the past and like it, but downsized a few years back. Any suggestions for mid-tier bags with more storage than the Pinch? Starting around the $100 range (I know the ranger is more, but I want to keep options open!). Thanks!

I have the Fossa Skinny 2, and have been using it exclusively for the past few months. For comparison I also [currently] own a Voodoo Spinal Tap, Gorilla Boy Simian, Fossa Tana Pro, and a couple small bags (Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey, Infinite Sling, Double Nutsac). I've owned other bags in the past as well, this is arguably my favorite. I don't always like lugging around unnecessary items and this is a great middle ground - only one waterbottle holder (fits my 32ox Nalgene no problem), no room for a hoodie or jacket unless you remove discs, but can handle a fair amount of random stuff.

Looks like they have an updated 2.3 version right now with upgraded rain fly and a couple other small things:

https://fossadiscgolf.com/collections/fossa-bags/products/skinny-2-3-pre-order

I have the Fossa Skinny 2, and have been using it exclusively for the past few months. For comparison I also [currently] own a Voodoo Spinal Tap, Gorilla Boy Simian, Fossa Tana Pro, and a couple small bags (Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey, Infinite Sling, Double Nutsac). I've owned other bags in the past as well, this is arguably my favorite. I don't always like lugging around unnecessary items and this is a great middle ground - only one waterbottle holder (fits my 32ox Nalgene no problem), no room for a hoodie or jacket unless you remove discs, but can handle a fair amount of random stuff.

Looks like they have an updated 2.3 version right now with upgraded rain fly and a couple other small things:

I like the look and the price point on that a lot-- thanks for the rec!

Do you use a cart? Just from appearances alone the Skinny looks like it would be great in a cart but not so much on the back. Wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong though!

Do you use a cart? Just from appearances alone the Skinny looks like it would be great in a cart but not so much on the back. Wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong though!

No sir, no cart. Images are deceiving I don't feel more stress with the Skinny than any other bag I've owned or used. One thing I will say is the strap padding isn't the thickest but it's a non-issue for me.

I'd assume it's very cart friendly but sadly I've never used one, only seen them in person and of course on here.

If you have any more questions or want images I'm happy to help!

I know you said you don't want a Grip bag but the storage on them is really good and with Black Friday right around the corner you can probably get a good deal on one.

Bringing this back up because I got really busy and couldn't justify buying a new bag quite yet. I'm still considering the Fossa Skinny 2, but I've also discovered the dynamic Paratrooper state bags and I really really like them. The price range and size also look about right for me too. Are they fairly lightweight? The bigger bags I've carried haven't been kind on my back, and my Pinch is very comfortable to carry.

Latest posts