• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram question

wproct

Eagle Member
Hi, I constantly try new (to me) discs and fairly recently have picked up a Vibram Summit firm and a Vibram Sole Medium. I don't see too much conversation recently about Vibram discs on the forum. Just wondering, are they commonly used these days?

I love the Lace, O-Lace, and UnLace. Great combo of discs that feel similar for consistency, but allow different stabilities. The Ibex is a serviceable mid. I also like the summit, but recently switched away from it as my go to.

They have some good discs but have been incredibly slow to fill out their lineup. The lack of Speed 9-11 discs is a glaring weakness. Hopefully that will change under new leadership.

Thanks for the replies. I have a weakness for wanting to try out different putters, thus the purchase of the Summit and Sole. I actually think that I like the Sole better than the Summit, but wish I had bought it in the firm rubber rather than the medium. For serious play I usually always fall back to my Kc-Pro Aviar, but I just like to have other molds of putters for fun.

I got a Ridge as a part of a lot buy, and started throwing it for fun. Ridge and Summit are now my go to approach putters. I throw Firms in the summer and Mediums in the winter. Great grip and indestructible.

I then branched out to the unLace and Lace. The Lace is my primary driver - and mostly because it's indestructible and I play mostly wooded courses.

If you get into them, vibram does great black friday/cyber monday deals (had to replace my back-up lace - threw it in a pond :( )

Soft summit is a great hit and stick and a super sweet as a catch disc. Super finicky thrower for in med and firm imho.

I keep ridges if I decide to go back to using them for approach and driving.

Soles are great and always have a practice bag spot. Likely back on the course with cold weather.

VP solid too. any big bead aviar-wiz fan should try one out.

Mids and drivers I haven't spent much play with. underwhelmed by Obex and Ibex and my driver grip likes plastic.

Vibram has their fans - they sponsor a local pro who digs em.

They have some good discs but have been incredibly slow to fill out their lineup. The lack of Speed 9-11 discs is a glaring weakness. Hopefully that will change under new leadership.
Once they get their rest of their mids out It will be a good line up.
One thing I noticed when switching to vibram is that speed 7 is plenty enough.
Personally I hope they keep their lineup simple.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

sole is great if you like domey and deep feeling putters. will be solid bread and butter putter.

summits are good if you dont throw hard. or like a shallow flat top type putter. softs are great hit and stick discs.

the only thing keeping me from going all runner is the lack of options for divers speeds 8-12. i havea few arches that are my longer teebird type driver. longer than a few sparks i carry for shorter quicker fade out's, flicks, and rollers. i have a some solace's that get used on wide open windy days,but are not my go to drivers.

but the ibex and launch are my mids. they fit all the roles (welll.. the launch is still in trial mode till the wx gets better) not a bad company or set of discs, just dont have everything that prople want in stability ratings.

I throw all Vibram and I love them. i made the switch two years ago when I noticed my bag was a mix of overlapping discs from Discraft, Innova, and Lat64. I became overwhelmed with all the selections and decided to switch to a company with a small yet complete lineup. I looked into Legacy, MVP and Vibram, since I already bagged a Lace and like it, I choose Vibram. Vibram has extended their Fairway driver lineup last year and now they are adding two more midranges (Launch and Crag). There are some good Facebook pages for Vibram Throwers and Collectors. That is where I get my information from.

I love the glow stuff. Love all the putters, Lace is good to me most days. Obex is another one I like. I do tend to save them for glow season. Non glow, the Trak is another disc that has worked for me. I think they have issues with local shops carrying them. Not sure if anyone around here carries them as part of regular inventory. I either traded or bought all mine online.

I love the glow stuff. Love all the putters, Lace is good to me most days. Obex is another one I like. I do tend to save them for glow season. Non glow, the Trak is another disc that has worked for me. I think they have issues with local shops carrying them. Not sure if anyone around here carries them as part of regular inventory. I either traded or bought all mine online.

The Track and Ascent were discontinued in favor of the new series of fairway drivers. The Notch, Arch, Valley, and Vamp

Latest posts