PDA

View Full Version : [Discraft] Banger-Gt: X Soft vs Pro D?

lohizz
04-04-2013, 11:36 AM
And please post you're opinions about it :) should get a poll up this, wait a second.. :(

tbird888
04-04-2013, 11:40 AM
When I threw them, I enjoyed the Soft-X quite a bit because it was super grippy, pretty durable for being a "soft" plastic, and was pretty firm. It's definitely not floppy like a Soft Magnet. The Pro-D is good too though. Too bad you didn't include an option for both... :)

ohtobediscing
04-04-2013, 12:26 PM
I have the GT Soft, but I also have an original Buzzz GT Elite X that I use as a midrange in my MS bag.

inthebasket
04-04-2013, 01:00 PM
the elite x soft is the only way to go, but there is a variety of textures. the pink, white, and red have had the most consistent feel for me.

ru4por
04-04-2013, 01:34 PM
I am voting for a floppy Soft Magnet.

lohizz
04-04-2013, 01:58 PM
When I threw them, I enjoyed the Soft-X quite a bit because it was super grippy, pretty durable for being a "soft" plastic, and was pretty firm. It's definitely not floppy like a Soft Magnet. The Pro-D is good too though. Too bad you didn't include an option for both... :)

I didn't include "both" because I am going to buy either one so I need to know which one is better ;)

tbird888
04-04-2013, 01:59 PM
What worked for me might not work for you. There are both good and bad to the plastics. What are you wanting from this Banger?

lohizz
04-04-2013, 02:31 PM
What worked for me might not work for you. There are both good and bad to the plastics. What are you wanting from this Banger?

I want a consistent putter. Something to use almost everytime when putting.

tbird888
04-04-2013, 02:35 PM
You want a consistent putter? Practice! :D

I bought all my Soft Bangers around the same time, so I can't help you there in terms of consistency of molding. I tried the Banger in the first place because it felt comfortable in my hand, and the plastic was amazingly grippy. I didn't like the Banger and moved on because it dropped out of my hand too fast and hit the cage instead of the chains. I wasn't as confident of a putter then as I am now though. I would happily revisit them if I didn't prefer the Wizard.

Again, that doesn't mean that a Banger won't suit your game. Just giving you my feedback on them.

Streets
04-04-2013, 03:13 PM
^This plus Bangers are better throwing putters anyway.

Edit: Pro-D all the way.

sisyphus
04-04-2013, 03:34 PM
I have a set of Soft Banger GTs and have gotten confident in how they fly & grip the chains when I hit. I suppose any putter you're confident with is the one for you!:thmbup:

tbird888
04-04-2013, 03:39 PM
I suppose any putter you're confident with is the one for you!:thmbup:

On the nose. It can get pretty expensive if you don't have a store close to you to fondle everything available. Getting to try before you buy is even better.

whentherainscome
04-04-2013, 03:51 PM
I just got a D Banger for fairway use and it's been working out well for me when I need fade on my approaches. I haven't tried the soft X Banger though.

Agricolae
04-04-2013, 03:58 PM
... Bangers are better throwing putters anyway.

That's my feeling. I use them for drives and approaches from ~225 and in. Pro-D for everyday use. Soft-X for rainy and wet conditions (I think they may be grippier when wet!). LE Z gets occasional use as a slightly OS throwing putter or if I want a skip/slide.

For putting inside the circle, just get whatever feels best (as everyone else has said). Banger, Wizard, Aviar, Ion ... all about the same, just different. ;)

ztrain
04-04-2013, 07:52 PM
I like the d bangers for putting. I love how the groove top feels in the hand. The ones I have are firm but have a nice buttery/ velvety feel too them.

MikePinchico
04-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Its all about OG GT...
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/269352_10151302322002493_105142682_n.jpg

Old Bassman
04-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Its all about OG GT...
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/269352_10151302322002493_105142682_n.jpg

Now that is pretty. Short distraction. For sale?

I like both but I feel the soft breaks in too quick . My vote is for Pro-D.

Gennataos
04-04-2013, 09:14 PM
^This plus Bangers are better throwing putters anyway.

Edit: Pro-D all the way.
Disagree. I drive/approach/putt with Bangers. To each their own. The best putter is the one you're most comfortable with.

I voted for the Elite X Soft. Since I got them, I really have only been using the Pro-D for practice putts. That might changes during the summer, though, if the softs get floppy with the heat. Other local players I know who throw Bangers generally use softs during cold weather, pro-d during warm weather.

[edit] - Another reason I like the softs for drives and approaches that when it hits something (trees!), it just flops right there, doesn't go ricocheting off.

john1bl
04-04-2013, 09:26 PM
I voted the soft banger. I like the bottom of the groove, it makes the putter feel thinner than it is. The grip is better on the soft. I have a Z banger for approaches. I fell in love with this disc after fighting aviar that was like putting with a wokeswagon hubcap.

MikePinchico
04-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Now that is pretty. Short distraction. For sale?

I like both but I feel the soft breaks in too quick . My vote is for Pro-D.

It took a long time for me to finally get one. I'll keep you in mind if I ever decide to sell.

Streets
04-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Disagree. I drive/approach/putt with Bangers. To each their own. The best putter is the one you're most comfortable with.

I voted for the Elite X Soft. Since I got them, I really have only been using the Pro-D for practice putts. That might changes during the summer, though, if the softs get floppy with the heat. Other local players I know who throw Bangers generally use softs during cold weather, pro-d during warm weather.

[edit] - Another reason I like the softs for drives and approaches that when it hits something (trees!), it just flops right there, doesn't go ricocheting off.

Definitely true! I've just found them as excelling at tossing around more so than chain seeking, but to each his own.

carlking
04-05-2013, 05:12 AM
I love my Cryztal Flex Banger. It feels great.

hendryxdisc
04-06-2013, 04:10 PM
I used to putt with the Pro-D banger and it was alright but as mentioned above it drops a little much. Then my buddy gave me a Soft Banger Gt and it was awesome it has the same feel equivalent to the super soft of gateway. It was my go to approach disc for a long time. In the end I turned towards putters with more glide but I still like the Banger Gt.