Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > DavidSauls

Conversation Between DavidSauls and airspuds
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. DavidSauls
    03-26-2019 05:37 PM
    DavidSauls
    Tell them they're putting on an antique.

The plywood base that ours came with finally rotted. The basket is in storage, until we have time to build a new base....though we're threatening it with cutting off the pole below the basket and making a hanging basket out of it.

(My brother and I have a private course with a couple dozen real baskets, so the tri-state was strictly an extra putting target).

When we bought the Tri-State in the mid-90s, we were the only people we knew who owned our own basket. As we built our course a decade later, we actually used it as we built holes; it had the virtue of being highly visible, with the yellow plastic chains.
  2. airspuds
    03-26-2019 03:52 PM
    airspuds
    used the tri state this weekend at event in Pana, Il disc golf on ball golf course , basket older than some of the players !
  3. DavidSauls
    04-28-2016 03:09 PM
    DavidSauls
    Somewhere along the line we discarded the plastic chains and replaced them with metal. It's still in my yard, as a practice-putting basket---still mounted on the almost-20-year-old plywood. Doesn't catch real well, but the object of practice putting is to hit the chains, not necessarily stay in them.
  4. airspuds
    04-28-2016 01:48 PM
    airspuds
    wow, I did a search for Tri State basket and found you had commented you had one.
    Do you still have it ? I added extra set of chains to the plastic and it catches fairly well for a temp target. pdga 10569 mIke walSh