Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > DavidSauls

Conversation Between DavidSauls and mlstivender
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. DavidSauls
    03-30-2020 08:48 PM
    DavidSauls
    The only course I've played in the Asheville area was Richmond Hill, and I expect it's closed. The mountain courses I know are far from there---up around Boone, and at Fontana Lake.

Disc golf aside, Asheville is a great assignment, particularly now and heading into summer.
  2. mlstivender
    03-30-2020 08:42 PM
    mlstivender
    Well David, I drove through Newberry today. My company has transferred me yet again from Myrtle Beach to Columbia. Now I was notified on Sunday at noon to be in Asheville, NC. I just arrived today. The courses up here seem to be locked up tight. Have you played any in this area or recommendations?
  3. DavidSauls
    03-26-2020 06:15 AM
    DavidSauls
    The specs on Stoney Hill are actually 2 overlapping layouts with 4 shared holes (at the moment), so 32 different holes. The "25" is because fitting it into DGCR's format is squeezing a square peg into a round hole. (Within a month or two, the final 4 holes should be finished, for 2 completely different overlapping layouts).

How to play? Contact myself (803-917-8316) or Chris (803-917-8318) and schedule a time. It's open if either of us is at home, which is most of the time. Preferably, later in the afternoon or on the weekend, when we might join you and guide you; but in a pinch, we can meet you, give you a map and some instructions, and set you free. A few days' notice is best, so we can play around it.

If you're on Facebook, join the Stoney Hill Disc Golf page/group.

Note that at the moment, it's open but we're asking everyone to practice social distancing. See the comment on the FB page (if you're there).
  4. mlstivender
    03-25-2020 11:05 PM
    mlstivender
    David, I enjoyed playing crooked creek today in Chapin, SC. It was definitely a favorite of mine out of the courses I’ve been able to visit. How do you get access to the Newberry, SC course? 25 tee boxes? That’s huge would like to visit.