Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

HyliaN 05-13-2020 10:19 PM

Anyone else hyped for the Essence? I'm hoping it's like a first run Nightstrike because I don't feel like dropping that much for a disc lol.

Jenga54 05-13-2020 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyliaN (Post 3586475)
Anyone else hyped for the Essence? I'm hoping it's like a first run Nightstrike because I don't feel like dropping that much for a disc lol.

Heck yeah, have a ton to move, gonna be a busy day! They should have more turn than a NS1

ArtemisClydFr0g 05-14-2020 11:19 AM

Wow. Sky Gods sold out faster than any other disc I've tried to get on release day. Had a pair in my cart and lost them before I could check out (which only took me about 10 seconds).

perklc 05-14-2020 12:10 PM

Was glad to see a good number of Essences in the 160 class on Infinite. Was able to pick up a couple after losing the first couple that I initially had in the cart.

broomerang 05-14-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g (Post 3586634)
Wow. Sky Gods sold out faster than any other disc I've tried to get on release day. Had a pair in my cart and lost them before I could check out (which only took me about 10 seconds).

Yeah even OTB are sold out.

Iíll see if I can snag one at a local retailer but I doubt it.

Hopefully there will be a restock

perklc 05-14-2020 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broomerang (Post 3586673)
Yeah even OTB are sold out.

Iíll see if I can snag one at a local retailer but I doubt it.

Hopefully there will be a restock

Sabattus Disc Golf still seems to have a handful

jtowneagle 05-14-2020 02:04 PM

I was able to throw the Essence a few days ago from a Discmania sponsored player. It is a longer, slightly more understable FD. I was very impressed and ordered two.

ray1970 05-15-2020 12:47 AM

Threw the Essence today. A pink 169. I wasnít overly impressed and I actually thought it flew more overstable than my S-line FDís. Didnít throw it much though so it could have just been me but the FD will just flip up and cruise dead straight and the Essence wouldnít flip up for me and just held the hyzer.

Johnny_Mars 05-16-2020 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broomerang (Post 3586286)
I could be wrong, I don't have any official info, just the same experience you have. The top looks and feels different to me. It could very well be a molding variation.

P1's are the "classic grid" Aviars and the top is different from the PnA. If p1's become popular and more produced I would switch back to them since the d-line plastic just has a better feel than dx in my opinion.

krooster 05-17-2020 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny_Mars (Post 3587217)
P1's are the "classic grid" Aviars and the top is different from the PnA. If p1's become popular and more produced I would switch back to them since the d-line plastic just has a better feel than dx in my opinion.

P1 feels slightly deeper in my hand than a classic aviar.

I also feel like the flight is different, at least for putting. Classic aviar seems to me to be a little less neutral in flight, I feel like I have to put a little more on it to get it to hold a straight line from further out.

They are very close but I can notice enough of a difference that I prefer the P1.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.