Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lat 64 Pure (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13354)

Mexikid0669 12-20-2012 01:23 AM

I meant I have it's twin

B00kbinder 12-26-2012 12:50 PM

So I know it's not a production run, but how do gl pures differ from zero and opto pures?

throwfromthewoods 12-26-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B00kbinder (Post 1753200)
So I know it's not a production run, but how do gl pures differ from zero and opto pures?

Pretty much the same as any Gold Line differs from an Opto. Usually a little less stable, a little flatter. Not a huge or even noticeable difference in most cases though. It usually just boils down to which plastic do you prefer the grip of.

Jkosk 03-09-2013 04:54 PM

Well. I have been frustrated with trying to stock up on white, stiff, D plastic challengers for the new season. Everything I have felt up is a softer blend of D. Anything remotely stiff was blue, which is fine for practice putters... but I only pull out white putters around the circle. And I NEED stiff, stiff, the very stiffest of stiff plastics in my putters. I hate feeling any "give" in the flight plate.

So, today while I was browsing at GGGT, I decided to grab up two Zero line Hard white Pures. They felt nice and stiff.

I'm hoping that they prove to be not too hard a transition for a guy who has putted with Challengers since 2006. Anyhow... How are people like these Hard Pures?

throwfromthewoods 03-09-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jkosk (Post 1891851)
Well. I have been frustrated with trying to stock up on white, stiff, D plastic challengers for the new season. Everything I have felt up is a softer blend of D. I NEED stiff, stiff, the stiffest of plastics in my putters. So, I decided to grab up two Zero line Hard white Pures.

I'm hoping that they prove to be not too hard a transition for a guy who has putted with Challengers since 2006. Anyhow... How are people like these Hard Pures?

Pures are not real close to Challengers in flight or feel. You probably should have gone the DD route and picked up some Classic Judges.

Jkosk 03-09-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods (Post 1891854)
Pures are not real close to Challengers in flight or feel. You probably should have gone the DD route and picked up some Classic Judges.

Well, it maybe the way that I hold my putters, but they are pretty close in feel for me. Albeit a bit slimmer in the hand, which I find more comfortable. Also, I like my challengers good and seasoned before I bag them, so these might be more of the stability I putt with anyway.

Either way, I am just curious about the general consensus on this Hard line plastic. How does it wear in? Does it vary in stability from original zero, TM, eze, zero soft, etc.

Radiomuted 03-09-2013 05:19 PM

Does anyone have any footage of driving gl pures vs opto pures?

AndyJB 03-09-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jkosk (Post 1891859)
Either way, I am just curious about the general consensus on this Hard line plastic. How does it wear in? Does it vary in stability from original zero, TM, eze, zero soft, etc.

Well I just got the Soft and it feels, bruises and looks just the same as the "old" Zero (used to putt with Zero Mercies) I think the hard is very similiar to EZE. I have a well-used EZE Pure...and I do mean well used...and it flies just the same as my Zero Soft and RGL. Very easy to shape when driving, and a great hyzer-flip for upshots as welll. I think you'll get good use out of them for sure.

My RGL is oddly comet, but somehow it doesn't effect the flight. But it is by far my most durable Pure. The only marks on it, in fact, are some white streaks of paint from missing putts in my basement...:wall:

Jkosk 03-09-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyJB (Post 1892116)
Well I just got the Soft and it feels, bruises and looks just the same as the "old" Zero (used to putt with Zero Mercies) I think the hard is very similiar to EZE. I have a well-used EZE Pure...and I do mean well used...and it flies just the same as my Zero Soft and RGL. Very easy to shape when driving, and a great hyzer-flip for upshots as welll. I think you'll get good use out of them for sure.

My RGL is oddly comet, but somehow it doesn't effect the flight. But it is by far my most durable Pure. The only marks on it, in fact, are some white streaks of paint from missing putts in my basement...:wall:

I threw some 15-20 foot practice puts in my basement with my main, heavily worn Challenger and my 2 new hard Pures. Stability wise they were pretty comparable, which is good. On average there is a little less wobble on the pures, which I would attribute to the slimmer feel giving me a cleaner release on my putts. Generally I don't have wobble problems though, so I am probably just a bit rusty from my winter without throwing plastic.

Either way, I just love the stiff plastic and slimmer profile. It doesn't have that nice satin-like feel that my Challenger's plastic has taken on in its older age, but I am hoping it will gain it after I wear them in. They definitely feel grippier than my Challenger, but the plastic is smoother, so I am looking forward to the feel when the new-disc sheen wears off.

Aim For The Chains 03-09-2013 10:23 PM

anyone want 2 GRIP line old run pures? also have a spike probably 6/10 on all 3 if looking for back-ups. GRIP is basically ESP... not sure why Lat. stopped making discs in this plastic :/

Jkosk 03-09-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains (Post 1892293)
anyone want 2 GRIP line old run pures? also have a spike probably 6/10 on all 3 if looking for back-ups. GRIP is basically ESP... not sure why Lat. stopped making discs in this plastic :/

grip is not nearly as durable as ESP plastic in my experience. I had their original poppy-top drivers in grip line plastic, and they definitely showed wear and tear early and often. I liken it much more to Pro / X type plastic.

jcburton24 03-09-2013 10:43 PM

I love my Zero Hard Pures. I used to putt with Medium Warlocks and the new hard plastic feels similar in stiffness but very grippy. I putted with the eze Pure for a little while I just did not like that plastic. I find this new Zero Hard to be way more durable also. I am very impressed so far. I have been hitting some huge putts lately.

Aim For The Chains 03-09-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jkosk (Post 1892309)
grip is not nearly as durable as ESP plastic in my experience. I had their original poppy-top drivers in grip line plastic, and they definitely showed wear and tear early and often. I liken it much more to Pro / X type plastic.

Lol those drivers were the WEIRDEST sounding when they hit anything... ESP is probably more durable true like a star plastic but my first pure I bought many years ago, still has its stamp even and stable flying with lots of dings and blemishes from driving but would say its more durable than a pro/x those are buttery IMO where the grip is more like ESP/Star in that sense but yes, slightly less durable the feel is great though'

Jkosk 03-10-2013 02:56 PM

haha, They definitely made some strange sounds. I loved my Primitus. Wasn't a fan of the Medius, though. If I recall correctly, it was a bit fast for a mid (and was pretty long for a mid, too), and it's stability was greatly effected by the speed you threw it at. If you eased off the gun in order to lay up it would fade out hard. But if you cranked on it to tap into that extra distance it was capable of it could flip over too easily.

But damn that plastic was super, super grippy.

HybridZombiw 03-10-2013 09:07 PM

Are recylcled line pures really made of Goldline/opto plastics? I am afraid of getting the Zerolines from the reviews of what the majority of people say. I have a grip pure (its really just amazing i wish i had gotten more) and I want more pures, but not in Zero.

HiFi 03-10-2013 09:26 PM

I think the recycled GL's are made only from GL plastics.

I bought a bunch of TM2 Pures from GGGT, they have them on sale for $8, but they told me I got the last 3 max weight (176g).

If you don't like the new Zero plastics you could try those. Personally I love the TM2s.

HybridZombiw 03-10-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFi (Post 1893302)
I think the recycled GL's are made only from GL plastics.

I bought a bunch of TM2 Pures from GGGT, they have them on sale for $8, but they told me I got the last 3 max weight (176g).

If you don't like the new Zero plastics you could try those. Personally I love the TM2s.

ill check those out thanks :)

tbird888 03-10-2013 09:46 PM

The RGLs are a mix of old Gold Line with some Opto mixed in with it. They are domey compared to the other plastics.

I was a huge fan of the TM2 plastic (start out waxy, but they break in to feel great) until I tried an Opto. They're pretty close to being as flat as the TM2s and are incredibly durable. Since I only drive and approach with them, I stopped carrying TM2s in favor of the Optos. I've been throwing my first Opto a ton for almost five months now, and it's dinged up a bit but still flies like new.

Rol6566 03-10-2013 09:49 PM

A local guy had one of the new zeros, and I hated it. way to soft and rubbery for my taste. He loves it, so I guess to each their own..

Good thing I have a good stack of the old "good" zero

HiFi 03-10-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbird888 (Post 1893325)
The RGLs are a mix of old Gold Line with some Opto mixed in with it. They are domey compared to the other plastics.

I was a huge fan of the TM2 plastic (start out waxy, but they break in to feel great) until I tried an Opto. They're pretty close to being as flat as the TM2s and are incredibly durable. Since I only drive and approach with them, I stopped carrying TM2s in favor of the Optos. I've been throwing my first Opto a ton for almost five months now, and it's dinged up a bit but still flies like new.

Good to know about the RGL's.

I should add that I only use my Pure from about 80 feet and in. If I used them for drives and approaches I would also go with Opto.

AndyJB 03-10-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HybridZombiw (Post 1893276)
Are recylcled line pures really made of Goldline/opto plastics? I am afraid of getting the Zerolines from the reviews of what the majority of people say. I have a grip pure (its really just amazing i wish i had gotten more) and I want more pures, but not in Zero.

Yeah, if there ia Opto in there, its not much. I love mine, but its totally opaque and feels just like fresh GL. Maybe a little grippier, but I use it a lot so that could be a factor. Much less pearl in it than other GL discs, however

MrGlass01 03-10-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rol6566 (Post 1893329)
A local guy had one of the new zeros, and I hated it. way to soft and rubbery for my taste. He loves it, so I guess to each their own..

Good thing I have a good stack of the old "good" zero

have you checked out zero hard? i felt the same way about zero but zero hard is noiccee!

HybridZombiw 03-10-2013 10:14 PM

thanks guys for clearing things up a bit. I use my pure as a primary putting disc and it sounds like the recycled line is pretty much a good buy (aside from the slight dominess it may present) as well as the TM2.

tbird888 03-10-2013 10:18 PM

RGL won't be available all year and TM2/EZE (same plastic essentially) is no longer being produced. Be careful falling for plastic you know might become very hard to find for reasonable prices. TM2/EZE wasn't super popular so you shouldn't be paying huge costs, but I've heard the new Zero Hard (fairly new on the market) is quite nice. Don't count it out completely.

Bultx1215 03-10-2013 10:20 PM

Its definitely a personal thing...I freekin love the new soft Pures.:thmbup: My old ZL's are money, too. The Worlds GL feels better than the R-Pures, but they are OK. Definitely domey. I use my Opto and GL Pures as driving putters only and softer ones for putting.

It may have been in my recycled plastic thread, can't remember now...but Lat said the majority was recycled GL with just a little Opto to help hold it together.

AndyJB 03-10-2013 10:27 PM

Yes my RGL Pure has super dome compared to my EZE and new Zero Soft. I personally love the Soft, and as I only use the Pure for putting (Pigs and Ions for driving) it fits the bill to a tee. The only problem I have with the Soft is that when I keep 3 putters zipped up in my putter pocket, it warps slightly and I have to work it out. Simple fix, I just keep one of my Ions in the upper pocket with my RGL Pure, but it mist goes to show how soft the Zero Soft really is.

I thought the Strawberry Zero Mercy was soft and flexible, bit this new blend is even more so. Almost like the Vibram Sorts. Sticks to chains and the ground!

JoeBob21 03-30-2013 01:10 AM

This might be in the thread somewhere but I cant find it. I have one of the old Zero Line Pures and was throwing some practice shots with it. I never noticed out in the yard but when I went inside it was tacoed pretty bad, I don't remember hitting a tree with it, but it was a bit cold, 35 degrees or so. I tried working on it to get it flat again but to no avail. I loved the feel of the old zero line but now I'm skeptical about getting some of the new zero line plastic. Were the kinks worked out? And which would be closer to the feel of the old ZL soft or hard? Or should i just check out a Recycled or Opto?

sloppydisc 03-30-2013 08:58 AM

Putt with the zero, and get a GL or Opto for approaches and drives.

AndyJB 03-30-2013 09:03 AM

Yeah, look above I posted two weeks ago that I loved the Zero soft...just know it is now OUT of the bag because it tacoed BAD and I didn't hit any trees or rocks or anything with it. I did hit the pole on a 30 foot (or so) spit. Putt gone awry, but it seemed fine after that.

Needless to say, Ill stick with my trusty EZE or try out the zero Hard.

HybridZombiw 03-31-2013 02:54 PM

Are GL pures not that good for putting? Do they stick well or bounce out like grip?

Mr. America 03-31-2013 03:05 PM

They are awfully slick.

TrippinBill 03-31-2013 03:51 PM

I recently converted to pures for my main putter, but I love them even more off the tee. Pure is a perfect name for them. I throw opto and rgl off he tee and putt with zero hard.

Osmo 05-30-2013 01:55 PM

I just noticed DN had Black and Orange Zero HARD Pures. I ordered them both. i have never seen these colors in a pure. The black is a little to heavy for me at 176 but ill find a use for it. (i like 172)

tbird888 05-30-2013 02:09 PM

Damn you DiscNation and your free shipping for May! I didn't see any more of the blacks or oranges, but I did pick up a couple of the multi-colored Hards. I've been wanting to see the difference between ZH and TM2 anyway. I didn't like the TM2's grip when they were new, but they break in to be money. They also get super tacky when they get a little wet.

Osmo 05-30-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbird888 (Post 2015885)
Damn you DiscNation and your free shipping for May! I didn't see any more of the blacks or oranges, but I did pick up a couple of the multi-colored Hards. I've been wanting to see the difference between ZH and TM2 anyway. I didn't like the TM2's grip when they were new, but they break in to be money. They also get super tacky when they get a little wet.

Ya there was only 1 of each of black and orange. I wanted the multicolored ones too but i didnt have the money. Post a picture of them when you get them. I wanna see what they looked like.

Titan037 05-30-2013 02:15 PM

Just ordered an opto pure to try out and pair with my main putting judges. Hoping this will be my driving putter

tbird888 05-30-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgfanatic7 (Post 2015898)
Just ordered an opto pure to try out and pair with my main putting judges. Hoping this will be my driving putter

I have a feeling you'll be very pleased. They are marvelous off the tee.

primal dg 05-30-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrippinBill (Post 1928645)
I recently converted to pures for my main putter, but I love them even more off the tee. Pure is a perfect name for them. I throw opto and rgl off he tee and putt with zero hard.

Excactly

Jkosk 05-30-2013 08:35 PM

awww. I would have been ALL OVER black zero hards.

I will only putt with white or black, and black is usually grippier than white (at least, it always was with Challengers I used to use and other plastic I fondled over the years)

HiFi 05-31-2013 05:43 PM

Really liking the Recycled Gold Line's for driving and approaches. Very cool stamps too. My baby is a swirly dark orange with a red foil stamp.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.