Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Thunderbird (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108147)

VictorB 05-08-2015 12:35 PM

Is there any reason to consider this disc at all if P/S/C PDs are mainstays in my bag? Or reasons why the Thunderbird is 'better' than the PD?

eric40817 05-08-2015 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorB (Post 2766043)
Is there any reason to consider this disc at all if P/S/C PDs are mainstays in my bag? Or reasons why the Thunderbird is 'better' than the PD?

I was wondering the same, except with Saint Pros

Jay Dub 05-08-2015 01:13 PM

A guy I play golf with uses a PD and says they are the same as Thunderbirds.

Pbmercil 05-08-2015 01:22 PM

Quote:

If the PDs arent going anywhere i would say no. They pretty much fill the exact same slot.

Brodysseus 05-08-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

No... A good PD cycle will cover anything a thunderbird can do.

ncgamedog 05-08-2015 02:08 PM

Quote:

NO. IMO the only trait the Thunderbird has over the PD is the 'Hand feel'.
It feels like an old friend in the hand, but I'm not overly impressed with the mold and its flight.

I've only tried the JL Thunderbird, but I dont find it to be very glidey like everyone keeps saying. Its also not as beefy as I had hoped. I was hoping it could replace my 1st run C-PD, but no chance. It could replace a fresh S-PD, but the S-PD has more glide and is faster. Even the Q-OLF/S-OLF are more crisp in flight for me. I wish the Thunderbird was more of a 10 speed. Its just not far enough away from a good Teebird for me.

I do think the Thunderbird is a superior mold the the Saint Pro.

The Thunderbird is a good mold, but its just not strong enough to beat anything out of my bag. I'm going to go back to the PD cycle for my control driver slot

Shooter14 05-08-2015 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncgamedog (Post 2765881)
I have NEVER been a glow fan, but I'm super stoked about the new color stuff. I'd like a Destoryer, Teebird, and Roc(3) please

Destroyers and Teebirds already exist in Color Glow.

ncgamedog 05-08-2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooter14 (Post 2766151)
Destroyers and Teebirds already exist in Color Glow.

Where can I get these? I was browsing the Innova FS a little today and didnt notice them on there.

Jcough 05-08-2015 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncgamedog (Post 2766165)
Where can I get these? I was browsing the Innova FS a little today and didnt notice them on there.

Disc Golf Values has some I believe.

whentherainscome 05-08-2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

I think of it as a Champ S-PD. I like the grip of the plastic more, so I'm keeping it in. Right now my PDs have a Thunderbird and SOLF mixed in and it doesn't feel like I'm using different discs.