Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Disc Golf Courses (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Putt-Putt Disc Golf Courses (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135329)

filobedo 11-18-2019 10:33 AM

Beaver Ranch in Conifer, CO had fun putt-putt course on property when I visited that is a good warm up.

chevis 11-18-2019 01:24 PM

not sure if i would say it's a putt-putt, but spiritwood has a 10 hole tone pole warm up course where all holes are less than 150ft

DoWork 11-18-2019 01:32 PM

What does “tiki course” mean? Is it lit by torches??

I’m trying to get a 9 hole putt putt course put into our facility for beginners, kids and putter practice but I keep hearing that term and it’s got me scratching my head.

Cgkdisc 11-18-2019 01:37 PM

Tiki is longer than a putting course where many players, especially beginners, would be better off using a lid or Super Class disc they can throw straight, or at least control, with holes in the 60-125 ft range.

John Rock 11-18-2019 01:46 PM

I always thought when someone mentioned "Tiki course" they were talking about the short novelty course at the Woodshed in West VA. It's a short course that is fun to play and I believe it also gets lit up for some night rounds.

mojorooks 11-18-2019 01:48 PM

I like courses that force me to work on form and a putter course like this would do exactly that. As it is, I sometime opt for a mid-range course where all the holes are 200ftish to force myself to disc down.

biscoe 11-18-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Rock (Post 3520765)
I always thought when someone mentioned "Tiki course" they were talking about the short novelty course at the Woodshed in West VA. It's a short course that is fun to play and I believe it also gets lit up for some night rounds.

You have The Woodshed and The Blockhouse (nee The Grange) mixed up.

biscoe 11-18-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoWork (Post 3520750)
What does “tiki course” mean? Is it lit by torches??

It was, now Christmas lights all over it.

John Rock 11-18-2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscoe (Post 3520772)
You have The Woodshed and The Blockhouse (nee The Grange) mixed up.

Oops, sorry. You're right. I've never been, have only read about it. CGK's explanation of what a Tiki course is differs from I have heard. Sometimes I wonder if Casey is CGK's alt account.

Cgkdisc 11-18-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Rock (Post 3520789)
Oops, sorry. You're right. I've never been, have only read about it. CGK's explanation of what a Tiki course is differs from I have heard. Sometimes I wonder if Casey is CGK's alt account.

I have no Alt account. The lengths I indicated were from the original Tiki course which I played recently as a side game during the U.S. Women's event that included the Blockhouse courses. Here are the hole lengths as posted on this site.