Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   DGCR Announcements & News (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   First Diamond Trusted Reviewer! (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11390)

HyooMac 04-05-2022 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wellsbranch250 (Post 3801609)


Waiting for 250 uniques

1813 HyooMac

I have no idea where I am with uniques, so my current sprint is to get to 250 reviews and 2500 upvotes. I posted review #225 today. I have 8-9 played courses yet to review- and a barnstorming trip to the DelMarVa peninsula this weekend, with a bagging target of 14 courses.

We're back in season, boys and girls!

knobby325 04-06-2022 11:11 AM

If it happens....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wellsbranch250 (Post 3801609)

Waiting for 250 uniques

1300 Knobby325

Just was lucky to pass the 90 uniques to get gold late in 2021, so, I'm in a more "if it happens, it happens." mode. On a week of "use it or lose it" vacation, doing OK at hitting courses. Would be better if the weather cooperated. Actually been on a tear of adding courses this spring (4 already). Courses numbers exploding here in Iowa, know of another 7 or 8 in process plus a couple of major re-designs in process. If the stars align, I may be able to hit a top 10 course next week. Fingers crossed.

HyooMac is right, we're back in season!

Shadrach3 04-06-2022 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knobby325 (Post 3801852)
I'm in a more "if it happens, it happens." mode.

Very much the same. I expect it to be years, if ever, before that the little Diamond appears.

Quote:

Originally Posted by knobby325 (Post 3801852)
HyooMac is right, we're back in season!

I find this very amusing having spent the winter bagging in the southeast :P

mndiscg 04-13-2022 03:47 PM

I feel bad for modern reviewers that struggle to get unique voters. I had my own struggles getting votes in the rural midwest but I had diamond right when I finally hit 1000.

DiscGolfCraig 04-13-2022 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mndiscg (Post 3803189)
I feel bad for modern reviewers that struggle to get unique voters. I had my own struggles getting votes in the rural midwest but I had diamond right when I finally hit 1000.

Reviewers have it sooooo much easier these days. Any semi-decent review seemingly gets an easy 10+ positive votes these days. Back in the day, we were lucky to get four or five. Case on point - there’s a recent review for a course just outside Charlotte. It got 13 votes in two days. That same course has multiple reviews more than a decade old that all have five or less votes. So, who has it harder getting votes?

Surge5 04-14-2022 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscGolfCraig (Post 3803225)
Reviewers have it sooooo much easier these days. Any semi-decent review seemingly gets an easy 10+ positive votes these days. Back in the day, we were lucky to get four or five. Case on point - there’s a recent review for a course just outside Charlotte. It got 13 votes in two days. That same course has multiple reviews more than a decade old that all have five or less votes. So, who has it harder getting votes?

Yeah, I get a little disappointed when I don't hit at least 8. Good to know that I'll be waiting for enough uniques for a long while.

wolfhaley 04-14-2022 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscGolfCraig (Post 3803225)
Reviewers have it sooooo much easier these days. Any semi-decent review seemingly gets an easy 10+ positive votes these days. Back in the day, we were lucky to get four or five. Case on point - there’s a recent review for a course just outside Charlotte. It got 13 votes in two days. That same course has multiple reviews more than a decade old that all have five or less votes. So, who has it harder getting votes?

Agree/disagree. You used to only need 200 uniques I believe. It's up to 250 now, and has been for at least a few years now. That's a large jump. Uniques are much harder to come by. When I started reviewing courses there was no Udisc. This was THE place to find courses. I use both now, but for different reasons.

You're clearly leaving out the fact that the extra 4 to 6 extra votes now are by the same 4 to 6 same people. I support people writing reviews for this site. That's how we improve. You seem to choose the opposite. I give thumbs down for nonsense, but choose to not vote at all when it looks like a Udisc review but at least provides a current evaluation of a course.

I'll be playing in your area next month, I love your reviews which you know about, hence the crown next to your name. I never reached out to you for any tips because you come across as a pompous ass on here. It's a disc golf course review website, lighten up.

wolfhaley 04-14-2022 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surge5 (Post 3803256)
Yeah, I get a little disappointed when I don't hit at least 8. Good to know that I'll be waiting for enough uniques for a long while.

Keep them coming, You write some excellent reviews :thmbup:

wolfhaley 04-14-2022 05:25 AM

http://dgcour.se/6488

on cue.

:clap:

Surge5 04-14-2022 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfhaley (Post 3803258)
Keep them coming, You write some excellent reviews :thmbup:

Aw thanks! :) Going out to Emporia soon to get the new course in before DDO! Gonna have to slow down a lot when my son's born in June so getting all the courses I can before then haha.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.