Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V) (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133486)

mrcheviot 08-06-2022 08:39 PM

Can anyone comment on CN Wave vs Glow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sprinklerado 08-09-2022 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcheviot (Post 3828372)
Can anyone comment on CN Wave vs Glow?

Based on two forehand flexes with the OTB Glow yesterday, and how I remember my CN Wave was flying when new, I'd say they're pretty close in stability. The guy who has it has given up on fission and plasma Waves, and he was happy with the glow, saying it could take some heat. He throws around 450. On another positive note, the glow Wave felt less slippery than my glow reactor, for some reason.

ThrowaEnvy 08-12-2022 02:38 AM

Well I found glow proton envy tonight.. It was hiding in a logpile, I knew if I swung a blacklight around at night I'd find it sooner or later...

Big moon rising over the rockpit tonight, I enjoyed the serenity. Still one of my favourite and ever-changing holes out here. I can't tell you how many times it's moved. Reminds me how "classic" a few of these are.

Only played a few, I'm too tired haha. Enjoyed the hell out of it especially the electron glow envy. Just a fantastic thrower. Doesn't glow worth a crap compared to the proton eclipse though.

mas30066 08-13-2022 12:31 PM

Thoughts from the weekend:

Round after work yesterday at Suwanee and then another this morning at Etowah. Didnít score well in either but threw much better yesterday. Tesla and Wave forehands are dialing in as is the new Fission Defy (courtesy of Josh) which will hopefully make it into an actual production run at some point. Really nice shaping disc from either side.

Couple of really solid anny putts today with the Envy. For whatever reason, I struggle lining those up straight, but a little bend seems to dial it in.

Had lost my handle on the cave hole (no. 4) for a stretch but parked the Inertia this morning. Not a complicated shot, but the visual of throwing across the valley can get in your head a bit.

Havenít thrown the Catalyst much and am thinking I may be alright without. Will probably keep one in the bag for the occasional full width, wide open rip, but not missing it by any stretch.

ThrowaEnvy 08-16-2022 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mas30066 (Post 3829947)

Couple of really solid anny putts today with the Envy. For whatever reason, I struggle lining those up straight, but a little bend seems to dial it in.

Fwiw and since I'm having a beer on the deck... the envy isn't a great "straight" putter except under power. I get my best results with a touch of anny, it stretches the line before it stables out to hyzer. The nice thing about that is when it does pop the hyzer the nose comes up a touch and it stretches the height.

If I'm throwing a short lob putt it's always on a touch of hyzer to keep the height, longer putts it's a touch of anhyzer because I know it will stable out and hopefully increase my odds with the arc. I usually aim a little to the side.. Anticipate the fade, If it misses it plants within 20' usually..

It's a lot easier to put a little anhyzer on an envy, it won't turn just goes straight longer.

Random thoughts... with a stretched upper bicep kinda injury the 180 uplink flies like a buzzz... I think I've been adding too much late spin to do fun things with it. The Svea is a straight flying autocorrecting turd without extra power. It may be time to get that 170 uplink I've been wondering about :D but do I go soft? .... Probably, that soft neutron is sooooooo nice on a mid. The paradox will also be seeing extra air time this week, currently auditioning in hot pink at 167g.. :)

brutalbrutus 08-16-2022 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muiriddin (Post 3827363)
I have had one good throw with my signal that did what I expected it to do. Mostly I have had mediocre results... Not sure why it is so finicky but it is out of the bag at this point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprinklerado (Post 3827535)
Sounds familiar. I'm bagging the Signal, but I only throw it when warming up. Ascend arrived today and will go flying tomorrow. I saw a review somewhere indicating that it might be a bit more stable than numbers indicate, and I'm hoping that will be the case. Not a fan of the Uplink yet, I find the Piwakawaka to be more useful, and I'll be testing out a new Kastaplast Svea for some understable lines too.

Signal is a very nose angle sensitive disc. If you want to stick with an MVP disc for this slot, you'd be better off either buying a used Relay or beating one up yourself.

I carry 2 relays, one is an OG Circuit Relay that is well used but not completely thrashed. Man that disc is fun to throw. Will hold an anhy all the way to the ground, even at lower speeds. In fact, i don't really carry a US mid anymore because it handles being powered down so well. It really excels at "flip to flat" tunnel shot lines. It flips up, locks in and flies straight for sooo long...

...and it also has a nice edge for throwing rollers.

auzcar 08-16-2022 08:58 AM

The Hex is just stupid long, every time I decide to push it my jaw drops... It's almost making my 6-7 speed drivers redundant.

strunk flugget 08-16-2022 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auzcar (Post 3830497)
The Hex is just stupid long, every time I decide to push it my jaw drops... It's almost making my 6-7 speed drivers redundant.

I lost my hex a few months ago when they were harder to find in stores. I started to rely on my crave more and more...but now that I was able to buy a couple new Hexes, the crave is starting to get used less and less.

auzcar 08-16-2022 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strunk flugget (Post 3830518)
I lost my hex a few months ago when they were harder to find in stores. I started to rely on my crave more and more...but now that I was able to buy a couple new Hexes, the crave is starting to get used less and less.

Yeah I'm starting to realise there are shots that the Hex will make that I don't even consider it for, since it's a mid. I've thrown it quite a bit but it still surprises me.

On another note, if I wanted a less stable Hex out of the box or at least easier to beat in, what plastic would be a good choice? I'm not a big fan of going down too much in weight, 5-6 grams tops. Right now I'm throwing a max weight Neutron.

discerdoo 08-16-2022 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auzcar (Post 3830582)
Yeah I'm starting to realise there are shots that the Hex will make that I don't even consider it for, since it's a mid. I've thrown it quite a bit but it still surprises me.

On another note, if I wanted a less stable Hex out of the box or at least easier to beat in, what plastic would be a good choice? I'm not a big fan of going down too much in weight, 5-6 grams tops. Right now I'm throwing a max weight Neutron.

I believe neutron is the only plastic for the Hex currently.

Recent run appears to have a bit more rounded rim than my first run and seems to be a touch less stable.