Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Love for the Gazelle (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66332)

DanJon 01-09-2017 03:32 PM

I just got an 11x back from a friend who never threw it.

It was brand new when he put it in the bag, but it just lived in there for a year or two, so I bought it back when I had the chance.

I have another brand new/unthrown, but they're both like 166g.

Trying to decide if I should bag one along with my 11x Teebirds and PFN Pro Leopards.

Thinking it would be great as a longer Roc, but not as long as a Teebird.

Kodachrome 01-09-2017 03:38 PM

I personally wouldn't see the use in that setup.

Just give it to me instead.

ODRB 01-09-2017 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodachrome (Post 3121264)

That.
But for real. There's no room between TBs and Leos for a Gazelle.

SD86 01-09-2017 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidrboy (Post 3121278)
That.

In the immortal words of my mother (and mothers everywhere): "make room".

Gazelles are, for lack of a better word, "good".

ODRB 01-09-2017 05:26 PM

Why "make room" for another mold? Especially one with a fairly unique rim that won't do anything a TB/Leo combo can?

I managed to get rid of my TBs/JLSs (sometimes, it was TB/Leo) by switching over to the Gazelle, which fit my game better since I lean so heavily on Speed 9 drivers and wanted something between OLFs and Rocs. But Teebirds and Gazelles in the same bag make no sense at all, to anyone who knows how to throw both.

Curtis_Valk 01-09-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidrboy (Post 3121334)
................But Teebirds and Gazelles in the same bag make no sense at all, to anyone who knows how to throw both.

Makes perfect sense to those of us who only throw 300 or so (Undertow is my "distance driver"). I bag Teebirds in Brinster and Gstar, Gazelle in Pro, and Leos in DX and Pro. Those run right down the stability scale for me and get nearly all of my fairway action that is longer than an approach (and some driving on holes around 280).

ODRB 01-09-2017 06:50 PM

But you could just as easily (more easily actually, since Gazelles are tough to track down) add a DX Teebird (or a seasoned Teebird) OR you could add a champ Leopard and cover the random slot it the middle without the need to introduce a new mold.

Just because you CAN put another mold in your bag sure doesn't mean that you should. Think about it this way: is there a shot your Gazelle can do that you couldn't do with a TB or a Leo? If so, it makes sense. Otherwise, it's just more noise.

smarkquart 01-09-2017 07:03 PM

Could not help myself. One of my resolutions for this year, knowing I had a little money to splurge, was to reset my set-up and bring it back to everything that has ever worked for me in the past. That is the set-up I want to stick with because I have had great histories with these discs despite moving on and trying other things.

I have gone back to Voodoos, Buzzz SS, Firebirds, Verdicts, Ions, Pures, etc. The only new disc I want to stick with are my C-Line DDXs.

The other change in my set-up is going to be pulling out Leopard3s, FDs, and PFN Star TeeBirds (I just do not have enough to justify keeping them in the bags - yes, plural). So I am toying with the idea of running the combo of Rivers and Gazelles. I already have Thunderbirds, so between the Gazelle and Thunderbird, I cover everything the TeeBird could do and more.

So, I just went on to Innova Pro Shop and picked up two more Star Gazelles in yellow so that I can complete my all-yellow bag. They are perfect for what I want, and thankfully a very under-appreciated disc, so there were plenty for me to snag.

DanJon 01-09-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodachrome (Post 3121264)

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidrboy (Post 3121278)
That.

Yeah I am in agreement with you guys (except for giving them away).

I just don't see the need for filling such a small gap in my line up.

I'm sure it would be fun to throw them, but I'm already heavily invested in Teebirds/Leopards and know them quite well.

ODRB 01-09-2017 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smarkquart (Post 3121389)
So, I just went on to Innova Pro Shop and picked up two more Star Gazelles in yellow so that I can complete my all-yellow bag. They are perfect for what I want, and thankfully a very under-appreciated disc, so there were plenty for me to snag.

Domey?