Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Love for the Gazelle (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66332)

Turning Point 08-08-2014 11:06 PM

Received a JL Champion Retro Stamp Gazelle today. It's 175g Yellow and it sure flies great. Been wanting to get one of these for a while so that I could revisit Champ Gazelles and glad that I did. Took it out to the field today and got a chance to get a couple of really good throws in. Was throwing with a good amount of power behind the shot and they went nice and straight with a little fade at the end. Definitely one of those discs that just from the first few throws it will find a place in my bag/game. Can't wait to see these ran again at the Factory Store so that I can pick up some more!

Eco81 08-11-2014 03:48 PM

does anyone think they will be making a production run of g* star gazelles?

Questatement 08-11-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turning Point (Post 2539809)
Can't wait to see these ran again at the Factory Store so that I can pick up some more!

Hopefully with flater tops and lots of pearl like the re-run of the Cheetahs!

Questatement 08-11-2014 04:26 PM

Anyone know how the circle stamped SE Gazelles fly?

E_Rock25 08-11-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Questatement (Post 2541668)
Anyone know how the circle stamped SE Gazelles fly?

Got a pic? If it is the ones I am thinking of they are in pro like plastic? Fly like a 9x if thats the one.

Questatement 08-11-2014 05:33 PM

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/a...psca28b4b8.jpg

How would this compare to DX?

E_Rock25 08-11-2014 05:45 PM

IMO they are slightly less stable than a fresh max weight DX. The special edition plastic really dosn't hold up that well from my experience.

Turning Point 08-11-2014 07:42 PM

I've heard that the re-runs of the Cheetahs are nice. I think we will be seeing a restock of Gazelles, because I believe they ran the Cheetahs first at the factory store. So the Jolly Launcher Gazelles should not be too far behind. My Gazelle is actually quite flat but it would be nice if it had a little more tack to the plastic for grip like the JL Teebird3 have. If they run it in the current JL plastic I should be a happy camper, since the newer JL plastic seems to be of higher quality/ improved or maybe they just have the process down better now....either way I like.

TheBMeistor 08-24-2014 02:24 PM

I have had my G* Gaz for a few weeks now so I have a better opinion of it now. I got a fresh pro at the same time to compare it to. Both fly about the same for me unless thrown into the wind. Pro (same weight and PLH but much less dome) fights wind better. Had some fairly strong winds my Pro would hold a slight hyzer in where the G* would flip flat and make a very slight turn.

Don't think I'll be bagging the G*, enjoying my Pro a lot more. Just wish they were production run and cheaper.

banknwank 08-24-2014 02:57 PM

Recently added a gazelle to my bag and liking it for standstill fairway shots and shots just out of range for my rocs. Instead of over extending a roc, I can throw a little more relaxed shot around 270 that doesn't fade quite as hard as my teebird . Was looking for a slower , easier , tee bird flight, but I tend to get good anhyzer lines with it. It's just a little easier to control than my teebird . Tee bird is easier to reach 300 ft, but has to be a committed pull (for me anyway)to get there without falling into hyzer. All of innovas speed six /seven fairway stuff is pretty good IMO. Love my cheetahs, Leo's, gazelle and eagle.......just a lot of overlap and can't decide what to carry, so I have a bag full of fairways for now . But have been reaching for the gazelle more and more lately.:thmbup: