Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Love for the Gazelle (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66332)

LeftyLarryinFL80 07-18-2012 03:56 PM

Thanks I thought so too. He had it in his "junk disc" bag, I was like..yeah this is ok, I guess I'll take that, lol. It doesn't seem like normal dx plastic, I've nailed trees with it and it barely shows any signs of wear.

Eco81 07-18-2012 09:24 PM

nice disc....i want heavy 11x gazelles....where are they?

Eco81 07-21-2012 08:20 PM

@phillymatt where is the pic of the circle stamp collection?

b-mart 07-23-2012 08:43 PM

Any of you 'Zelle lovers thrown them in Star? I just came across two Factory Second Star Gazelles at a PIAS and leapt at the chance. I didn't think they existed, but the one I picked up matches up with my DX one. Googling it shows me that they did mold them in Star "by popular demand", yet I'd never known of their existence. Guess the marketing gurus at Innova are too busy trying to sell "Star Lite" Roadrunners and Blizzard everythings to push a slower fairway driver that isn't called a "Teebird".

I haven't had the chance to throw my new Star one yet. My business closes in an hour and a half and I can't use the property until that happens. Super stoked about it though.

Crazy Runner Guy 07-24-2012 11:53 PM

I'm looking to get back into throwing my Gazelle (assuming my Cyclones don't have something to say about that). How much more overstable are the various KC pro editions than a DX version of the same weight (say 170s)?

Eco81 07-25-2012 01:12 PM

They are going to a little more over stable then the dx. The major difference the kc plastic is going to take longer to break in

deBebbler 07-25-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxDiscGolfBoy (Post 1472800)
slower t-bird....almost a loooong roc imo. the t-bird was way to fast for me.

My Glow Champ Gazelles are like shorter TeeBirds, for me at least.

The one in my bag is often my only driver for night rounds, and my goto driver when I can't seem to throw anything else correctly.

Love the Gaz.

pablo.diablo 07-25-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b-mart (Post 1519849)
Any of you 'Zelle lovers thrown them in Star? I just came across two Factory Second Star Gazelles at a PIAS and leapt at the chance. I didn't think they existed, but the one I picked up matches up with my DX one. Googling it shows me that they did mold them in Star "by popular demand", yet I'd never known of their existence. Guess the marketing gurus at Innova are too busy trying to sell "Star Lite" Roadrunners and Blizzard everythings to push a slower fairway driver that isn't called a "Teebird".

I haven't had the chance to throw my new Star one yet. My business closes in an hour and a half and I can't use the property until that happens. Super stoked about it though.

I'm pretty sure Factory Store sells regular Star Gazelles. I called them up and they said they are pretty domey. So I didn't get one.

Anybody know if there are any pink KC Pro's? My buddy backswing aplenty is looking for one.

Dr.Wu 07-25-2012 01:30 PM

Two 11x KCs are in my bag right now and although theyre lighter (150 & 160g) they have replaced most of my distance drivers in recent rounds, despite fairly windy conditions.

steve a 07-25-2012 02:08 PM

Has anyone played a round with just a gazelle and your favorite putter. Its been awhile since I have done this but I used to surprise my self with great scores. Interested to hear if others have tried it.