Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

Discmania_Support 04-13-2022 10:52 AM

Discmania Support Reply
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by seedlings (Post 3800694)
@Discmania_Support, are Rainmakers designed to go puddle-topped? Both my Flex 2 and 3 are showing signs after minimal use since BlackBox arrived. I wonder if itís designed that way because my D-Line P2 molded byinnova did the same thing. Not noticing any puddles with the four Proto P2s that see heavy use putting.

Technically, in a roundabout way. That type of disc would begin as flat and once it cools will puddle slightly. There are often variances within any kind of mold out there but once we see something we like, we do our best to keep it that way. Slight puddle putters have gotten much more positive feedback than a domey one (yuck). But a board flat anything is very difficult to achieve. It'll usually have some dome or a slight puddle. Or extremes of either if we prefer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by B The V (Post 3802215)
@discmania_support any word on cd2ís? Any new molds in the works? You gotta give us something. Disc golf season is kicking off for most of the country by now.

Rainmaker is for sure a thing. The Tilt will also be released later this year as well as the Sky God, too. For all other stuff in the works, we'll prefer to release short term info as opposed to a wider road map plan for the time being just to be sure we don't disappoint anyone with plans that get delayed for any number of reasons. You can bet that you'll have the info first with weeks to spare in order to plan ahead :)

DiscT 04-13-2022 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discmania_Support (Post 3803116)
Technically, in a roundabout way. That type of disc would begin as flat and once it cools will puddle slightly. There are often variances within any kind of mold out there but once we see something we like, we do our best to keep it that way. Slight puddle putters have gotten much more positive feedback than a domey one (yuck). But a board flat anything is very difficult to achieve. It'll usually have some dome or a slight puddle. Or extremes of either if we prefer.



Rainmaker is for sure a thing. The Tilt will also be released later this year as well as the Sky God, too. For all other stuff in the works, we'll prefer to release short term info as opposed to a wider road map plan for the time being just to be sure we don't disappoint anyone with plans that get delayed for any number of reasons. You can bet that you'll have the info first with weeks to spare in order to plan ahead :)

Any word on flex 2/3 vs. P line? Or when we get get C-line P2s for throwing this season? As always, appreciate your responses.

DiscT 04-16-2022 08:00 AM

In the new Trevor Staub interview Lizotte said that he will have 3 signature molds this season. We already knew about the Sky God IV and the new Tilt, but he’s also getting a signature Md1.

Curious how everyone feels about that signature lineup? He said he wanted four but Jussi said he needs to win more to get a fourth (Lizotte referenced Eagle’s 4 signature molds).

I’m curious to know how people are liking the Md1 from the mystery boxes and if you love it as much as Lizotte? Also fun to speculate what would be Lizotte’s fourth signature disc? Would they debut a new PD with a revived Sky Rider, go the route of Doom Bird FD3, or something totally new?

Just some fun discussion topics during Major weekend!

B The V 04-16-2022 08:43 AM

Iím excited for the new MD1ís to become more available. I thought it might over lap the origin spot, but they are pretty different discs. Iíd love to see an md1 in a fun new plastic, but would love to see a premium logic first lol.

seedlings 04-16-2022 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3803632)
In the new Trevor Staub interview Lizotte said that he will have 3 signature molds this season. We already knew about the Sky God IV and the new Tilt, but heís also getting a signature Md1.

Curious how everyone feels about that signature lineup? He said he wanted four but Jussi said he needs to win more to get a fourth (Lizotte referenced Eagleís 4 signature molds).

Iím curious to know how people are liking the Md1 from the mystery boxes and if you love it as much as Lizotte? Also fun to speculate what would be Lizotteís fourth signature disc? Would they debut a new PD with a revived Sky Rider, go the route of Doom Bird FD3, or something totally new?

Just some fun discussion topics during Major weekend!

I agree with Jussi. We need to see Simon perform at 100% after injury. (Also need to see Eagle, heís struggling at Championís Cup post injury).

I bag the Origin and MD3. I havenít thrown the MD1, and donít know where Iíd use it. I do have an old MD2, but itís not in the bag. I tried the Mako3 and didnít jive.

B The V 04-19-2022 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seedlings (Post 3803640)
I bag the Origin and MD3. I havenít thrown the MD1, and donít know where Iíd use it. I do have an old MD2, but itís not in the bag. I tried the Mako3 and didnít jive.

I bag a Midnight Prowl, a few md3's, and am contemplating keeping an md1 in the bag. My MP will hyzer flip slowly and eventually turn to the right for me. My md3's, for the most part will fly on the angle I put them on with a decent amount of finish. The md1 will fly dead straight and just sort of settle out without much of a finish at all. It has as much glide as the origin and is nice for low ceiling lines. I'm sure the more I throw it the more I will enjoy it. I'm excited for a stock release.

seedlings 04-19-2022 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B The V (Post 3804113)
I bag a Midnight Prowl, a few md3's, and am contemplating keeping an md1 in the bag. My MP will hyzer flip slowly and eventually turn to the right for me. My md3's, for the most part will fly on the angle I put them on with a decent amount of finish. The md1 will fly dead straight and just sort of settle out without much of a finish at all. It has as much glide as the origin and is nice for low ceiling lines. I'm sure the more I throw it the more I will enjoy it. I'm excited for a stock release.

Problem is I am not very good at a flat release. I’d rather hit the Origin on more hyzer and have it finish straight. I throw MD3 on slight hyzer or anhyzer. If I try to throw flat my release is even more off target than with an intentional attack angle.

DiscT 04-19-2022 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B The V (Post 3804113)
I bag a Midnight Prowl, a few md3's, and am contemplating keeping an md1 in the bag. My MP will hyzer flip slowly and eventually turn to the right for me. My md3's, for the most part will fly on the angle I put them on with a decent amount of finish. The md1 will fly dead straight and just sort of settle out without much of a finish at all. It has as much glide as the origin and is nice for low ceiling lines. I'm sure the more I throw it the more I will enjoy it. I'm excited for a stock release.

Cool to hear about your different uses. Thanks! I have all those in the bag as well, which is why Iím trying to decide if I need an Origin, Md1, AND Md3.

B The V 04-19-2022 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seedlings (Post 3804134)
Problem is I am not very good at a flat release. Iíd rather hit the Origin on more hyzer and have it finish straight. I throw MD3 on slight hyzer or anhyzer. If I try to throw flat my release is even more off target than with an intentional attack angle.

I hear you. I feel they do enough for my style of play to warrant slight overlap, but it won't be for everyone. It's a great disc and I think we will see a lot more people start to throw it.

@DiscT I'm stuck in the same boat. I recently took a bunch of stuff out of my bags and don't mind bagging more mids, even if I'm just trying them out, as opposed to carrying way too many drivers. Not sure if I really need it, but it's not causing a problem for me making the right disc selection so for now it will stay.

seedlings 04-21-2022 08:48 AM

@Discmania_Support, are there any plans for P-Line style flippy plastic?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.