Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Disc Golf Courses (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Michigan New Course Updates (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47059)

DirtyMittenDG 12-11-2011 02:10 AM

Update {12/11/11}-

-----2011 NEW COURSES-----
-The Edge- Scottville {20 Holes}
-Big Bend- White Cloud {18 Holes}
-Burchfield Park- Holt {18 Holes}
-Carly's Playground- Traverse City {18 Holes} [Mt. Holiday Redesign]
-Diggins Hill- Cadillac {18 Holes}
-Marion Twp Park- Howell {18 Holes}
-Ogemaw Hills- West Branch {18 Holes}
-Superior Pines- Grand Marais {18 Holes}
-Hanson Hills (Short Course)- Grayling {9 Holes}
-Lake Linden-Hubbell DGC- Lake Linden {9 Holes}
-MCTI DGC- Plainwell {9 Holes} [Private]
-Rosewood Park DGC- Jenison {9 Holes}
-Taymouth Park- Burt {9 Holes}

-----PENDING COURSES-------
-Belle Isle DGC- Detroit {24 Holes}
-Mt. McSauba- Charlevoix {19 Holes}
-Clear Lake State Park- Atlanta {18 Holes}
-Turbine Pines- Mackinaw City {18 Holes}
-Wickes Park- Saginaw {18 Holes}
-BC State Rec Area- Bay City {9 Holes}
-Bertha Brock- Ionia {9 Holes}
-Flaherty Park- Watervliet {9 Holes}
-Ira Township Park- {9 Holes}

-----{If anyone has additional info that should be added to the list, please let me know.}-----

DirtyMittenDG 12-11-2011 02:13 AM

-----{If anyone has additional info that should be added to the list, please let me know.}-----

B3NDER 12-11-2011 02:46 AM

Man....only one close to me seems to be Rosewood in Jenison? Going to have to check it out eventually now.

ncxcstud 12-11-2011 05:46 PM

Burchfield Park is in the process of building another 18 hole course on their property :).

esdubya 02-13-2012 02:27 PM

Independence Lake is in process of installing 6 more holes on the Chuck D "Red Hawk" layout.

Geof734 02-13-2012 02:40 PM

All so far...... Rage face

Gonnagal 02-13-2012 03:26 PM

That is great news!! I can't get enough of this course, I'm so glad I finally got out there to play it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esdubya (Post 1245761)
Independence Lake is in process of installing 6 more holes on the Chuck D "Red Hawk" layout.

Nscharich 03-05-2012 10:34 AM

Saginaw is up to 11 holes, i can provide pics

Disc Golf Live 03-05-2012 12:04 PM

I believe there will also be a new layout (including a handicapped-accessible 6 hole loop) developed in the Brighton St. Rec. area in the not-too-distant future.

esdubya 03-06-2012 11:20 AM

Brighton Course - Help Needed

Reposting this here, work day coming up this weekend:

Quote:

A3disc will be working with the State of Michigan to bring yet another course into our area.
Brighton Recreation Area! we have been given 200 acres a lot of which is in lakes but more then enough for a 24 hole course.

The first work day will be March 10, 2012 weather permitting. if you are willing to help with ground clearing on that date please respond to William Gilbert with your name and phone number please. The reason for requesting your phone number is in case the first work day is postponed.
We have been approved at the moment to use hand tools and they will be bringing the brush hog and/or bulldozer for the heavy clearing.
We will probably be approved to use power tools but not as of this moment.

We are really looking for a really good size crew to help make a good impression at the park.

The park is looking for at least 9 holes to be playable by June 1st but if we can get enough workers we will get all 24 + holes ready to play by June 1st. There will actually be 30 holes in total plus a practice basket as well. They have to supply a certain % of holes to be handicap accessable so they are planning 6 extra short holes for that purpose.

Thanks everyone.
William Gilbert
cyferban@aol.com
or call 734 649 8220