Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Bard (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112826)

World Eater 02-12-2015 07:46 PM

flight compared to a lucid Verdict :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXkeoGcGx1c

seems like its in the same ballpark.

AndyJB 02-12-2015 08:05 PM

if anyone is pre-ordering this (or the Seer or Swan Reborn) PM me for a discount code for Infinite Discs!

chrisoz 02-16-2015 04:34 PM

Tossed my max weight VIP Bard with my max weight Champ Roc3s in no wind and while HSS was similar, noticed a pronounced stronger fade with the Bard (duh). I then tossed them two days later into a pretty stiff (15mph) headwind and noticed a marked HSS difference. The Roc3's turned over at 300' of power and barely came out of the turn before landing, the Bard held a straight line and showed a slight low speed fade. This is definitely a nice, shorter compliment to the trident, with the ability to overpower for a slightly "straighter" flight. Both are in the bag now.

AndyJB 02-16-2015 04:37 PM

Pre-ordered a VIP and a TP from Infinite today. I'll be doing a review video for Hucking Aces with these. I'll throw them against a Buzzzz OS and a Champ Gator. Any other requests?

Monkeypaws 02-16-2015 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisoz (Post 2701475)
Tossed my max weight VIP Bard with my max weight Champ Roc3s in no wind and while HSS was similar, noticed a pronounced stronger fade with the Bard (duh). I then tossed them two days later into a pretty stiff (15mph) headwind and noticed a marked HSS difference. The Roc3's turned over at 300' of power and barely came out of the turn before landing, the Bard held a straight line and showed a slight low speed fade. This is definitely a nice, shorter compliment to the trident, with the ability to overpower for a slightly "straighter" flight. Both are in the bag now.

Man, that sounds great. Will definitely pick one of these up.:clap:

Hoss22 02-16-2015 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyJB (Post 2701481)
Pre-ordered a VIP and a TP from Infinite today. I'll be doing a review video for Hucking Aces with these. I'll throw them against a Buzzzz OS and a Champ Gator. Any other requests?

An in depth comparison from feel to flight of the Verdict would be really nice. That's what I'm mainly wondering about. But, perhaps an opto mace, drone, or hornet? Don't want to throw to many discs out there, lol. Just the ones I know very well. But, my curiosity is mainly with the verdict, buzzz os, and opto mace.

AndyJB 02-16-2015 07:05 PM

Okie dokie. I have a Drone, so I'll pick up a Verdict or a Mace, whichever I can find easier around here.

DeLa-Loc654 02-16-2015 07:25 PM

Yeah I'd be interested in how the speed of the Bard compares to the Verdict. The verdict is definitely a fast mid, which has made me, personally, avoid it. I was surprised to see that the Bard also has a 1.5 cm rim like the Verdict, where as something like the Mace has (I think) a 1.3 cm rim. Of course the profile of the Bard looks pretty different from that of the Verdict, so I wouldn't be surprised if it were slower.

Hoss22 02-16-2015 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeLa-Loc654 (Post 2701634)
Yeah I'd be interested in how the speed of the Bard compares to the Verdict. The verdict is definitely a fast mid, which has made me, personally, avoid it. I was surprised to see that the Bard also has a 1.5 cm rim like the Verdict, where as something like the Mace has (I think) a 1.3 cm rim. Of course the profile of the Bard looks pretty different from that of the Verdict, so I wouldn't be surprised if it were slower.

Yea, that's what I'm thinking. I think the Bard is going to be a slower Verdict, so I'm thinking max weight Opto Mace status.

BirdieMachine 02-16-2015 08:19 PM

It's a little deeper inside also, 1.3 rim depth vs 1.2. Bard should be slower then the Verdict. Plus some dome will also slow it down, Verdicts are pretty board flat.