Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   The MVP Spin is the Comet of putters.. (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132469)

ThrowaEnvy 10-15-2018 10:55 AM

The MVP Spin is the Comet of putters..

So I feel sad for the Spin? thread.. Who clicks on that... I throw my Spin consistently as MVPs least stable putter and available all the way down to 150 weight. It is an awesome disc that I don't see getting the kind of love it deserves.

Mines been ITB for at least six months, 166 proton (champ) plastic it is worn in to the point where it will hold any angle for me, sample size of one... It shapes any shot I can use a Comet for just at shorter distance. It responds the same to nose up as a Comet would.. Just at slower speed.

In short the Spin is the closest putter I've thrown to the Comet. How do you feel about that?

ru4por 10-15-2018 11:02 AM

The Comet has been a Hall of Fame disc for an awful lot of years. I appreciate your love for the Spin.....but, it ain't no Comet.

InWaves 10-15-2018 12:03 PM

The comet holds a very special place in my heart and my bag will never be without one. That being said, I have found my comet-in-putter-form to be the habit by plastic addicts. It throws exactly like a comet but slower. So it's perfect for running the basket from 200 feet and in or throwing controlled hyzer flips or turn overs or gentle hyzer approaches. It's especially good on drives on technical courses where missing trees is important!

Which makes sense considering it's an old discraft mold.

Tl;dr habit by plastic addicts is a baby comet and I love it

Streets 10-15-2018 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InWaves (Post 3364896)
The comet holds a very special place in my heart and my bag will never be without one. That being said, I have found my comet-in-putter-form to be the habit by plastic addicts. It throws exactly like a comet but slower. So it's perfect for running the basket from 200 feet and in or throwing controlled hyzer flips or turn overs or gentle hyzer approaches. It's especially good on drives on technical courses where missing trees is important!

Which makes sense considering it's an old discraft mold.

Tl;dr habit by plastic addicts is a baby comet and I love it

I'm pretty sure the Habit is the unused Zeppelin mold from an ace race...and I agree with all of this. Such a great mold

TKWolverine 10-15-2018 01:28 PM

IIRC, someone once described the Habit as the offspring of a Comet and Zephyr mating.

Three Putt 10-15-2018 01:42 PM

The correct answer to "(blank) is the Comet of putters" is the APX. Has been for the last 20 years. :|

InWaves 10-15-2018 01:43 PM

Yeah I think I heard that I was the old zeppelin mold too. Whatever mold it is, everyone needs one either to practice their form or too throw buttery smooth "what did you throw there" throws

Streets 10-15-2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Putt (Post 3364942)
The correct answer to "(blank) is the Comet of putters" is the APX. Has been for the last 20 years. :|

To further add confusion...

The Magnet is the Z Comet of putters and the APX is the X Comet of putters.

slowplastic 10-15-2018 02:50 PM

I feel like the Comet is the putter of mids...

Because so many putters when worked in can fly that dead straight line and take all the power you have. And when beat in can do that slow turnover for the whole flight.

But the Comet does it best in the wider diameter mid class.

Basically there are a ton of putters that I could switch to and throw those straight lines with, no problem. Sure there are differences in hand feel and how long they beat in, etc. But there aren't that many mids that can do that same thing.

slowplastic 10-15-2018 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InWaves (Post 3364943)
...to throw buttery smooth "what did you throw there" throws

Also known as the "That was so straight!" and "That never hooked up?!" shot.