Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Noob thread my apologies..Roc (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55782)

_.-Dut-._ 02-19-2012 07:38 PM

Noob thread my apologies..Roc

Roc throwers, can you get a decent flex shot out of these? Ive only heard great things about them and know there great headwind and overstable duties but have not had any experience with them. If you OAT them will they come back?

Star Roc a good choice for these types of things?

Thank you for any info you can give me on this beat to death topic that I am sure has been done 1k times in the past decade. I did search "Roc" in this forum and got nothing...:confused:

fishmich 02-19-2012 07:42 PM

as long as you are using your 77.29% beat in roc, you can pull of the shot.

fishmich 02-19-2012 07:44 PM

seriously though, i dont have much experience with star rocs, but a max weight dx roc will fight out of an anny for me. i use em when i dont want to throw my wasps in the water or lose it in the snow.

LeftyLarryinFL80 02-19-2012 08:32 PM

Max weight KC Pro Rocs. They get better with age.

cali 02-19-2012 08:38 PM

Rocs aren't a good choice for the OAT flex. Most Rocs will just keep turning over and dive with the OAT.

bholy08 02-19-2012 08:46 PM

I wouldn't say that rocs would flex back unless maybe a new dx rancho

VictorB 02-19-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _.-Dut-._ (Post 1256823)
Roc throwers, can you get a decent flex shot out of these? Ive only heard great things about them and know there great headwind and overstable duties but have not had any experience with them. If you OAT them will they come back?

Star Roc a good choice for these types of things?

Thank you for any info you can give me on this beat to death topic that I am sure has been done 1k times in the past decade. I did search "Roc" in this forum and got nothing...:confused:

Rocs are fairly workable. They are sort of like the eagle-x of midranges. It does take a bit of finesse but you can throw flex shots with them. They don't handle OAT well, and will still turn and burn as most stable midranges would.

The star san marino is a decent choice for this kind of shot, but you can do it with a beat roc if you can throw nose up accordingly.

Connor Jones 02-19-2012 09:11 PM

I hate flex shots. :|

atl scott 02-19-2012 10:16 PM

New rocs are nice and overstable. Its always fun at USDGC to watch the pros throw rocs on huge anhyzers over the lake. It's at least 500' and they throw them on big anhyzers and they always come out. The same thing can't be said for the drivers they throw.

_.-Dut-._ 02-19-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atl scott (Post 1257114)
New rocs are nice and overstable. Its always fun at USDGC to watch the pros throw rocs on huge anhyzers over the lake. It's at least 500' and they throw them on big anhyzers and they always come out. The same thing can't be said for the drivers they throw.

What pro is throwing a roc 500'?