Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

B The V 04-21-2022 03:16 PM

I love p line md3's. Such great discs. Would love to see P line make a come back.

jskew113 04-21-2022 07:20 PM

I’d be in for Flex3 MD3s.

DiscT 04-22-2022 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B The V (Post 3804761)
I love p line md3's. Such great discs. Would love to see P line make a come back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by seedlings (Post 3804680)
@Discmania_Support, are there any plans for P-Line style flippy plastic?

Itís odd that theyíve consistently avoided the p-line question in this thread. I find the ďpick and chooseĒ method a bit odd. In addition to saying a production update was coming when it wasnít, only a shipping update. If you canít predict, thatís totally fine. No fault in that. You canít write a check you canít cash.

Agarner14 04-22-2022 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3804878)
Itís odd that theyíve consistently avoided the p-line question in this thread. I find the ďpick and chooseĒ method a bit odd. In addition to saying a production update was coming when it wasnít, only a shipping update. If you canít predict, thatís totally fine. No fault in that. You canít write a check you canít cash.

DM overplayed their hand last fall when they announced the new production facility and then ran into what I assume were significant production and supply chain problems. I think they have now realized that they are better off taking a cautious approach with information releases so as to not build hype only to disappoint consumers. I assume that we are entering a production phase where DM will not be foreshadowing releases outside of the current or upcoming quarter. In the long run that's probably smarter even though it leaves everyone craving information and teasers.

On the upside Its pretty obvious just by looking at the shop page on the DM site right now that they have good inventory which suggests that shipping is perhaps becoming a bit more stable. New molds and special releases are coming I just wouldn't expect some sort of long term road-map for releases from DM anytime soon.

SuperWookie 04-22-2022 10:42 AM

Hey everyone! Been gone for a little bit. Been rippin it up on my new Enduro MTB and haven't been playing much disc or posting/reading here. I remember last year looking for a good Mid range, and then stopped playing as my MTB'ng took over completely. And I see Discmania FINALLY got some of the discs out they said were going to have available last fall. Specifically the C Line MD3 and Color Glow Iron Samurai 3. And just wondering how these two new discs compare to each other and the old MD3's?

So I have two mint original Iron Samurai's that I put away as collectors items and two Original S line MD3's from Huk labs. I always loved those discs, but when I saw how much they were worth on the eBay market, I quickly put them away, as I didn't want to risk loosing them or having some greasy disc thief find one if I lost it.

Those discs all flew about the same, with the S line maybe being the tiniest bit less stable. They flew like a 5/5/0/2 for me most of the time, but when I was throwing really well and far, they were more like a 5/5/-.25/2. Basically a perfect mid range that won't turn over (or much), has really good distance, is mostly neutral in flight, but always has a moderate finish. And I've always been looking for something like this, but just a touch less fade at the end, but still just as stable at high speeds and low/moderate wind. Something workable and mostly straight, with a straight to slight fade finish, but won't turn and burn on hard rips. Kind of like a Mako3, but more stable on hard throws. I love my Mako3, but it's so finicky. Sometimes on a good throw, it's straight with a slight baby fade at the end. Perfect. But other times it'll get going right really fast and never come back. So I want to find something similar to it, just more stable at high speeds and a touch more fade so I always know it will finish left.

I see the new MD3's and IS 3's are labeled as 5/5/0/1 (while the old ones were 5/5/0/2), yet when I watch videos of people throwing them, they look much more stable than 5/5/0/1. Like a 5/5/0/2 or sometimes even 3 fade. I also heard the new ones are a touch more glide than the old ones? Is that true? And that the mint green IS3 is a touch domier, so it glides more, but is also more overstable than the pink ones. What about the regular C line versions? Any colors you need to know about that are different in terms of dome or stability or glide?

So just wondering if the new MD3 C line and Color Glow IS 3 are more or less stable then the old original IS 1 or S lines? And of all 4 discs, which one is the most neutral flight with the least amount of fade at the end?

Flick Maniac 04-25-2022 05:36 AM

For sure the new MD3s are a bit on the overstable side. Good spin and arm speed may alleviate for some of that. I have red C-MD3s and a pink IS3. The latter is even more overstable. My old go-tos are pink CE MD3 and a FR Glow MD4, and I dont feel like these MD3s add any value to my shots necessarily. Might also be from just knowing the old guns better, I dunno. Also still trying out the MD1 but even that is more stable than I would like, so I think I'm just gonna stick to the oldies goldies.

ps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperWookie (Post 3804915)
Been rippin it up on my new Enduro MTB

Good on you! I also just upgraded to a Devinci Kobain and have been hitting drops and jumps harder than ever before. :hfive: Easily my #1 pastime nowadays. DG 4ever, though.

SuperWookie 04-25-2022 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flick Maniac (Post 3805322)
For sure the new MD3s are a bit on the overstable side. Good spin and arm speed may alleviate for some of that. I have red C-MD3s and a pink IS3. The latter is even more overstable. My old go-tos are pink CE MD3 and a FR Glow MD4, and I dont feel like these MD3s add any value to my shots necessarily. Might also be from just knowing the old guns better, I dunno. Also still trying out the MD1 but even that is more stable than I would like, so I think I'm just gonna stick to the oldies goldies.

ps.



Good on you! I also just upgraded to a Devinci Kobain and have been hitting drops and jumps harder than ever before. :hfive: Easily my #1 pastime nowadays. DG 4ever, though.

Hmm, so all the new MD3's are more O/S than the old ones? That sucks, haha. I guess I'll have to try and find an MD1 or maybe go with a Lat64 Trust or Compass? I've read and seen some videos of the Trust and it looks/seems more like what I'm looking for. Stable in all throws, but mostly dead straight with a baby fade at the very end. And good glide and distance.

Gotta find something that is long, straight, but always has a baby fade at the end and is what you'd call stable. My Glimmer Lucid X Emac Truth has way too much fade at the end (although it does go dead straight most of the flight, just has a fairly big fade at the end), and my Star Mako3 is too unpredictable. It's great when thrown at about 50-75% power, but it's SO easy to throw it a little bit too hard and have it turn over. So I want to replace the Mako3, and just carry 2 mids. And was hoping the new MD3's were actual 5/5/0/1's. I'm getting really close to having the perfect bag and that's one of the last discs I want.

adventurous penguin 04-25-2022 02:13 PM

From what I have thrown, the new MD3's are more HSS, but less LSS. All the old md3's I threw had a bit of turn after a little seasoning, and a teensy drift to the right when fresh, then a predictable and moderate fade. These new MD3'S are very true to the 0,1 turn,fade numbers imo. I use them in the 275'-350' range, and they will hold the release angle for 80% of the flight and then fade gently. The IS3 seems to have a little more fade, maybe even 0,2. But I find the new MD3'S to be much more of a laser straight disc than a baby s-curve or flip to flat disc like the old md3's. If you don't generate a lot of spin or have a bit less arm speed, I could see them acting more overstable than Innova produced runs

seedlings 04-25-2022 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperWookie (Post 3805378)
Hmm, so all the new MD3's are more O/S than the old ones? That sucks, haha. I guess I'll have to try and find an MD1 or maybe go with a Lat64 Trust or Compass? I've read and seen some videos of the Trust and it looks/seems more like what I'm looking for. Stable in all throws, but mostly dead straight with a baby fade at the very end. And good glide and distance.

Gotta find something that is long, straight, but always has a baby fade at the end and is what you'd call stable. My Glimmer Lucid X Emac Truth has way too much fade at the end (although it does go dead straight most of the flight, just has a fairly big fade at the end), and my Star Mako3 is too unpredictable. It's great when thrown at about 50-75% power, but it's SO easy to throw it a little bit too hard and have it turn over. So I want to replace the Mako3, and just carry 2 mids. And was hoping the new MD3's were actual 5/5/0/1's. I'm getting really close to having the perfect bag and that's one of the last discs I want.

In my hands the Trust and the new MD3 are the exact same flight. I havenít thrown an old MD3. New MD3 is exactly like adventurous penguin described, ecxept I canít throw mids 350.

SuperWookie 04-25-2022 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adventurous penguin (Post 3805474)
From what I have thrown, the new MD3's are more HSS, but less LSS. All the old md3's I threw had a bit of turn after a little seasoning, and a teensy drift to the right when fresh, then a predictable and moderate fade. These new MD3'S are very true to the 0,1 turn,fade numbers imo. I use them in the 275'-350' range, and they will hold the release angle for 80% of the flight and then fade gently. The IS3 seems to have a little more fade, maybe even 0,2. But I find the new MD3'S to be much more of a laser straight disc than a baby s-curve or flip to flat disc like the old md3's. If you don't generate a lot of spin or have a bit less arm speed, I could see them acting more overstable than Innova produced runs

Interesting. So my old Sline MD3 and OG Iron Samurai's were straight to fade. It was a 5/5/0/2 or even 2.5 for me. I'd throw them around 275-300'. So I don't quite have the distance I think to get them to straighten out as much as pros or hard throwing AMs can.

And when you say less LSS, you mean LESS fade at slow speed? Correct? Which would mean, these new MD3's would be more straight to small fade? Compared to the old ones that are a straight to moderate fade. So less fade at the end on the new ones? Is that what you're saying?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.