Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   DGCR Announcements & News (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   First Diamond Trusted Reviewer! (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11390)

Jimb 05-25-2021 09:39 PM

So is the spreadsheet only found in this thread, or where is it found? Thanks.

Pizza God 05-26-2021 12:37 AM

My brain hurts.

Took me a while, looks like I am at 245...........

Now to write reviews on the 10 courses I played yesterday. (oh yea, 2 of them will not help)

wolfhaley 05-26-2021 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pizza God (Post 3723300)
My brain hurts.

Took me a while, looks like I am at 245...........

Now to write reviews on the 10 courses I played yesterday. (oh yea, 2 of them will not help)

I was in a similar situation to you for awhile. When I first started playing, it was pretty much entirely WI courses. A couple IL or MN ones here and there. But within the last 4 to 5 years I've ventured out quite a bit further than I ever had. In that time I've played Flip, Idlewild, Harmony Bends etc. Those are what get you thumbs up AND unique voters.

The funny part is that I wanted to be diamond level SOOO bad. But once I got it, while much appreciated, I realized that that's not what it's all about. It's just an icon next to your name. I think I enjoy writing reviews now, more than I ever did. Because once you play a ton of courses on the road to diamond, you get a much greater appreciation for how much value a solid review can help you out. Especially on those dinky 1 disc niners in the middle of nowhere. I'll be shocked if you don't hit diamond this year. Either way keep it up :thmbup:

sisyphus 05-26-2021 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimb (Post 3723265)
So is the spreadsheet only found in this thread, or where is it found? Thanks.

Way back a few years ago, I picked up the duties from the previous caretaker. It's in my signature, but 1) I'm not sure how to share it otherwise, and 2) it's ready for anyone who wants to take it over, improve it.... :p

thrembo 05-26-2021 03:20 PM

I'm guessing That I'm in the 200 range for unique (need to make those negs count!) I got up there somewhere during my last attempt at a count before I gave up have not had the inclination to do it again. I'm ln no hurry. I have a long way too compared to the great ones among us. I also suffer from quickly running out of new nearby courses to play/review. I have been plotting a relocation for a while now but it could still be a little ways off. Thank god for that miniac guy! And way to stick it out Pizza God! Also, it seems weird seeing "Newbie" underneath your name. When you run out of courses to play you can start boosting your post count.

Pizza God 05-26-2021 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrembo (Post 3723491)
I'm guessing That I'm in the 200 range for unique (need to make those negs count!) I got up there somewhere during my last attempt at a count before I gave up have not had the inclination to do it again. I'm ln no hurry. I have a long way too compared to the great ones among us. I also suffer from quickly running out of new nearby courses to play/review. I have been plotting a relocation for a while now but it could still be a little ways off. Thank god for that miniac guy! And way to stick it out Pizza God! Also, it seems weird seeing "Newbie" underneath your name. When you run out of courses to play you can start boosting your post count.

Yea, I never really went to the DGCR board that often. I usually spend my time on Facebook.

Found out about 2 new courses going in (36 holes) in Lago Vista near Austin. Only $10 to play on the weekend or $5 to play on a weekday. YOu can rent a cart for $20 (well worth it) Those courses open this weekend, they were not even on UDisc yet as of last night.

Pizza God 05-26-2021 06:51 PM

lol, 1504 thumbs up with 379 reviews and I still can't get those last 5 unique to get to Diamond status.

I know my reviews are not always very good, some of my early ones just suck.

I use to get bashed for writing longer reviews, then I would get bashed for writing simple reviews.

now I just write what I feel like writing. I don't care what anyone else thinks, I write what I would want to read in a review.

Although, I don't often read many reviews of most courses. I will sometimes read what others have posted about courses I have played. But since I try to play ever single course in an area, even if the reviews are bad and it has a .5 rating, I am still going to attempt to play it.

That is what a course bagger does.

thrembo 05-26-2021 06:55 PM

Nice, and way to pad the post count!

BogeyNoMore 05-26-2021 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pizza God (Post 3723538)
I use to get bashed for writing longer reviews, then I would get bashed for writing simple reviews.

now I just write what I feel like writing. I don't care what anyone else thinks, I write what I would want to read in a review.

2nd sentence is the way to do it.
Cuz you can't please all of the people all of the time.

theskulls 05-26-2021 08:13 PM

Tried to give most of the people posting in this thread at least one thumbs up on a review that deserved it. With as many reviews as you all have done, you definitely earned it.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.