Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Latitude/Dynamic OOP molds (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119356)

kw83028 12-05-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjhayes7 (Post 2901217)
I would suspect the Saint sells well. Someone like KW might be able to give you more facts. I know there is a webpage with a listing of the Trilogy best sellers that Dynamic puts out, but can't find it at the moment.

Edit: here it is http://www.dynamicdiscs.com/order/Tr...st-Sellers.pdf
Opto Saint is number 15 for Lat

I sell a ton of saints, but, that's just me. I also sell a ton of Tridents

pjhayes7 12-05-2015 01:57 PM

Saint is the number 4 fairway/control driver for Infinite Discs over the summer
https://infinitediscs.com/blog/top-d...f-summer-2015/

Glide 12-05-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kw83028 (Post 2901195)
It is crazy. I sell a ton of Tridents. I just had a customer buy 6 of them today since they're going OOP lol. All of the rest of them have been minimal sales here in my store, so my customers won't really miss the rest

This.

While the Trident is far from a top seller for us, it is the best of these by far.

pjhayes7 12-05-2015 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glide (Post 2901222)
This.

While the Trident is far from a top seller for us, it is the best of these by far.

Yeah, none shocked me on that list except the Trident. Such an interesting disc that fills a spot not many companies produce. But I guess since I have never bought one I am just part of the problem.

halfchub 12-05-2015 02:12 PM

What are people going to throw instead of the trident now?

pjhayes7 12-05-2015 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halfchub (Post 2901232)
What are people going to throw instead of the trident now?

Spark maybe. Not really sure how similar the flights are. I get the impression the Spark goes a bit farther.

Halcón 12-05-2015 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjhayes7 (Post 2901213)
Those molds must take up space,must be annoying to keep in good repair, and any time you are molding unpopular molds take time away that you could be molding more of the popular ones. If it doesn't sell enough to justify the effort, why not put it oop. Not saying there aren't going to be plenty of people who miss it, but thems the breaks when it comes to business. I wish Coke had never put Citra and C2 oop, but no one asked me. Now maybe a new company will start by buying oop Trilogy molds. Seriously, I am sure there would be a market as long as it was a limited production outfit.

I think I was confusing "out of production" with "never going to be produced again." Innova has dusted off several OOP molds and put them in the Factory Store. Maybe Lat will do the same thing in the future.

Mr. Butlertron 12-05-2015 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjhayes7 (Post 2901217)
I would suspect the Saint sells well. Someone like KW might be able to give you more facts. I know there is a webpage with a listing of the Trilogy best sellers that Dynamic puts out, but can't find it at the moment.

Edit: here it is http://www.dynamicdiscs.com/order/Tr...st-Sellers.pdf
Opto Saint is number 15 for Lat

People rant and rave about the Opto Pure all the time on here, it's surprising to me that they didn't make the best seller list. Same thing with the Giant...in any plastic.

halfchub 12-05-2015 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Butlertron (Post 2901269)
People rant and rave about the Opto Pure all the time on here, it's surprising to me that they didn't make the best seller list. Same thing with the Giant...in any plastic.

The dgcr community and real life community are incredibly different. Everyone on here raves about the PD and Ive never met anyone in real life who throws a pd. People rave about the pure on here, and Ive never seen anyone in real life throw it.

We are the 1%

BrotherDave 12-05-2015 05:12 PM

None of those are bad molds at all. Well, I can't speak for the Fugitive, never thrown one. The Pain was great before Innova came out with 27974 versions of premium plastic Rocs; it's a great Champ Roc clone in pretty plastic. Dumb name though.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.