Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   MVP 150 class discs - how are they flying? (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108435)

Aim For The Chains 08-15-2014 10:26 PM

yeah I hear you Andy-- lost my 156g tesla I traded for on here just to check out and miss it for those longer shots and stretched out spike hyzers. My 16?g is the same way but its the LE tesla stamp so I get scurrrred to throw it all the time'

I actually bag upper 160's motions and generally like to throw max weight but that disc is just damn OS.

Photoguy 08-15-2014 10:36 PM

I'm glad MVP is making 150-160 discs for most of their lineup. But I wish there were a few more around the 150 area. Seems like the 155-160 are the most common. I know, I know. It's not a huge difference. But I like my drivers to be 150 class on the "150" end.

Still, I'm excited to try the 155 Crave and 157 Inspire I just picked up.

Aim For The Chains 08-15-2014 10:45 PM

sometimes its just not possible without blowing air into the discs.... and we know what happens then :p its why you don't see light weight volts etc as they just don't mold up right to justify making them it appears. I am sure MVP could make a 130 disc but its not going to be up to "par" like you find now with their current line-up. I wouldn't lose sleep over 5 paperclips.

Photoguy 08-15-2014 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains (Post 2546838)
sometimes its just not possible without blowing air into the discs.... and we know what happens then :p its why you don't see light weight volts etc as they just don't mold up right to justify making them it appears. I am sure MVP could make a 130 disc but its not going to be up to "par" like you find now with their current line-up. I wouldn't lose sleep over 5 paperclips.

Agreed.

But sometimes it's just one of those things that gets in your head. Like how some people insist on a specific color for their putter or whatever. You start thinking "But this is heavier!" when it is such a little difference in reality.

Aim For The Chains 08-15-2014 11:01 PM

I never focused a lot on weight when buying discs as a new player so its never been a big issue for me but I know what you mean. Its just nice to see such a wide weight range in the newer models without much variance in flight.

JohnnyBee 08-15-2014 11:16 PM

The Inertia can be touchy, but I have had some flat out bombs with it, it has kicked my Valkyries out. I am trying out the Inspire to compete with my Leopards. Not sure about the rest of them in the 150's, they seem to take more oomph to get to fly right compared to my flocks of 150 Teebirds and Eagle-L's, but they do seem to have some unique flights

Aim For The Chains 08-15-2014 11:18 PM

gyro meng! real DG discs that's why :D

Savage Henry 08-15-2014 11:40 PM

I always buy the drivers under 160 because I think they are better for my weak game. Unless it's supposed to be a wind fighting Magic Mike beefcake like my resistor. But I've thrown heavier ones and they fly the same for me. And my volt is first run 167 (factory blank, not trying to brag ;) and I can throw it just fine. Also I've got a 163 N envy and a 175 melon envy and I think the only differennce is seasoning. Maybe a few feet longer with the lighter one.

Aim For The Chains 08-15-2014 11:46 PM

Henry.. why you bragging meng?!

Savage Henry 08-15-2014 11:52 PM

I wish I could get a pile of those. Or 160ish volts.