Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Farewell Trak/Ascent? (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114902)

TrustYourRubber 04-28-2015 03:48 AM

Farewell Trak/Ascent?

"I will not say 'do not cry' because not all tears are an evil." -J.R.R. Tolkien

With the launch of the Notch/Arch, the Ascent/Trak have been rumored to be going O.O.P. (out-of-production)... I can neither confirm/deny these rumors any longer.

If it is true, I have to believe that better things are ahead than any Vibram Disc Golf leaves behind. Having said that, rubber heads will need a thread for the group therapy that will be necessary if the rumors are indeed true.

Feel free to comment your favorite memories of the Trak/Ascent, as well as any information about the future of these two exemplary molds, if any.

If nothing else, the Trak/Ascent will be collector's items for years to come. :popcorn:

Johnny_Crunch 04-28-2015 07:17 AM

It's not a rumor

AndyJB 04-28-2015 08:38 AM

Seems stupid, but I guess the didn't sell? Now I understand why they weren't available for this year's Birdie Bash.

I didn't like the Trak, but I had a cool American Flag looking Ascent that I threw for almost a year. I wanted to like it, but I just couldn't get the hang of it. Gave it to a friend who promptly laser beamed it about 350 feet. His gain, my loss, I suppose!

Gennataos 04-28-2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyJB (Post 2758960)
Now I understand why they weren't available for this year's Birdie Bash.

^this^

If the Valley, Arch and Notch fill the roles they're rumored to fill, then I'm cool with it. I have an Ascent which I love, is very Teebird-like. My other Ascent and Traks?...as much of a Vibram whore as I am, they're just okay.

Monkeypaws 04-28-2015 10:02 AM

Too bad - I liked both discs. Probably gonna skip the birdie bash this time because the Lace is too wide a rim for me.

djcadence 04-28-2015 10:21 AM

Yeah, never really liked the Trak. I really wanted to, but my teebirds and TL's take care of my fairway and wooded driver slot!

MiketheGoalie 04-28-2015 10:27 AM

I never got a hang of the Ascent, but I bag a Trak. It has a nice predictable release for me and I can shape some decent s-lines with it. It took some work to get used to it but once I saw another user make it dance for him off the tee, I realized its potential and put in the time. I'll miss it when it goes away.

Bultx1215 04-28-2015 10:42 AM

I never really clicked with the Ascent, but have almost always bagged at least one Trak since I first tried them. When I heard the news, I stocked up. While I look forward to the new discs, I am still hanging onto my Traks. What can I say, I get stuck in ruts. I finally took my P-38's out of the bag about 4 years ago after 25+ years in the bag.:|

roggenb3 04-28-2015 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bultx1215 (Post 2759075)
I never really clicked with the Ascent, but have almost always bagged at least one Trak since I first tried them.

Same. Trak is my go to understable fairway. Luckily I have 1 soft, 2 medium, 3 firms, and 2 glows. Should last me for quite some time. :)

TrustYourRubber 04-28-2015 01:38 PM

I'm thinking I might pick up a soft Trak. I have a medium and a firm. I'll probably move on from the Trak/Ascent once the new fairways are out. I also have a soft, medium, and firm Ascent.

Loved both these discs! Will miss them once they're gone! Happy trails!