Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lat 64 Pure (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13354)

chowee21 08-09-2015 01:55 AM

How does the Recycle vs the Opto vs the Hard Zero Pures compare driving wise?

Kodachrome 08-09-2015 02:02 AM

I wouldn't bother with recycled. The shoulder is deep and it makes it too easy to get flutter. Opto is straight to slight fade, soaks up power. Zero is neutral at lower power, turns at driving power. Thing is, pure is a pretty speed sensitive putter. Until it's beat in, it's still going to fade at lower power.

MikeM 08-15-2015 12:12 AM

Have I mentioned lately that an Opto Pure is the best disc in the history of ever?

smarkquart 08-15-2015 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodachrome (Post 2827826)
I wouldn't bother with recycled. The shoulder is deep and it makes it too easy to get flutter. Opto is straight to slight fade, soaks up power. Zero is neutral at lower power, turns at driving power. Thing is, pure is a pretty speed sensitive putter. Until it's beat in, it's still going to fade at lower power.

I wanted the Recycled to work as a putting putter, but you nailed right; it just does not feel like any other Pure I have thrown.

Gold Line, on the other hand, is by far the best of the bunch. It is just a notch less stable than the Opto but that only makes it a better approach disc. It is fast, glides well, and will hold a line forever. I have four now and have just ordered two more so I can spread the throws and slow down their seasoning. Too bad they are not currently in production. I am spending more than I would like getting these.

Monkeypaws 08-15-2015 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeM (Post 2833524)
Have I mentioned lately that an Opto Pure is the best disc in the history of ever?

Maybe - worth repeating though.

I don't even bag one, but I know this to be true.:)

JNichols 08-15-2015 01:29 AM

I bag Opto for drives/up shots and I putt with Recycled GL Pures. I dig the Recycled GL's for putting.

MikeM 08-15-2015 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JNichols (Post 2833562)
I bag Opto for drives/up shots and I putt with Recycled GL Pures. I dig the Recycled GL's for putting.

Preach it, JNichols! :thmbup:

BirdieMachine 08-15-2015 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeM (Post 2833524)

Yeah maybe, I like the Opto Fuse a little more. Just love watching that slow turn and glide.

PMantle 08-15-2015 08:54 PM

Played a one disc round today at a short college course with a Zero Hard. It turned way more than my Opto does. May start carrying both.

Kodachrome 08-15-2015 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMantle (Post 2833860)
Played a one disc round today at a short college course with a Zero Hard. It turned way more than my Opto does. May start carrying both.

It's a good setup. I kept opto and zero hard for driving, zero hard for putts and zero soft for the touch approach. Sometimes opto on the approach too.

Given the two completely distinct flights, it just made sense. If I ever throw opto pures again I'll be bagging zeros too.