Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bag Suggestions & Feedback (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   In the bag and various thoughts of a middling MA2 (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130398)

texasissouth 03-04-2019 02:03 PM

Loriella Challenge was muddy and rainy but pretty fun. Shot way over my head both rounds (both 971 rated) and actually ended up on a card with FLuke second round. Also got Andrew Fish to sign my comet to see if that makes it fly any better.
At lunch I impulse bought a 2017 Koling thundy and bagged it, pretty stable, flew nicer than a champ one I have sitting around I think. I saw a hypothetical post on another section about would you trade making everything inside 25 for missing everything outside 25 and that was pretty much the putting story for me. I can't complain as I usually miss 1-2 putts I shouldn't per round and I cleaned that up somehow. Loriella shorts I really leaned on my old M2 on slight hyzer for field holes.
2 400 D1
2 * wraith
* Starfire
* Thunderbird
Shimmer FB
Moonshine Trident
F1
3 F2
M1
M2
Comet
2 PA4
Breaker
Stego
Crowns

biscoe 03-04-2019 08:01 PM

good shooting

texasissouth 03-09-2019 01:54 PM

Dubs at Clarks Run tomorrow. Same partner as last time, so we'll see if we can shoot better than our previous 61, we'll get two bites of the apple this time if I'm not mistaken.

Bag setup
1 400 D1
2 * Wraith
1 Champ Thundy
1 shimmer FB
2 Moonshine tridents (one fresh one beat)
1 400 F1
3 F2 (in OS-US 400, 750, 400G)
2 M2 (750, 400)
1 ESP Comet (the fish sig)
2 PA4 (400G, 300)
1 SP Breaker
1 Stego
2 Crowns

I snuck a champion thunderbird in to try out. I don't see much kicking Starfires out of my bag but I like throwing new things from time to time. I had a sweet Kevin Jones swirly H2v2 I was itching to try out in this slot and lost it in some leaves the second day of owning it :wall: def gotta keep looking for it.
I also had a friend tour the innova factory yesterday, and he picked me up a stabilized champ starfire, which is something I've been intrigued by for a long time.

texasissouth 03-10-2019 09:31 PM

Jack and I shot a disappointing 62, followed by a redeeming 59! Round two I bagged an Ultrastar from my trunk after tossing it around at lunch. Had a couple nice ups with it, and tapped out with it, but didn't get a chance to put it in from any particular distance.
Got my money back and a First Run D1 for coming in whatever place we did. I threw the D1 once and it promptly vanished in leaves. Screw leaves man.

texasissouth 03-13-2019 04:47 PM

36 at Spilman, a mediocre 54, 53.
D1 max
DD (thumber)
Thunderbird
Trident
F1
2x F2
M2
Comet
M4
PA4
Breaker
Crowns

Testing Z Comet vs 750 M4, they are very similar. The M4 I feel like a little faster but less glidey. Also it's easier to throw the comet softer. Comet, notoriously is a little more finicky.
That discerdoo pop top DD... I've beaten the **** out of it honestly. The top has small scratches all over it, its got a couple nicks out of the rim now, I sanded the flashing off the bottom. Still crazy stable, but it does have pretty good glide. I'm gonna keep beating it I guess, I want just a little turn out of it.

texasissouth 03-16-2019 10:15 PM

Dubs at Giles for scrub squad tags. Short to Long
2x D1
* Wraith
Stabilized Starfire
Koling Thundy
2x Trident
F1
3xF2
M1
M2
Comet
Breaker
2xPA4
Stego
putting with PA3s

Liked putting with PA3's today, they don't get bothered by the wind very much at all. Which was a boon with how windy it was today. I don't think I threw the F2s at all. I also went for broke a lot and had my partner throw safe shots. Throws in order if I remember correctly, putts not included.
Trident; M1, Thundy; F1; Trident; M2, Breaker; M2; M2; Wraith, Thundy, Stego; D1, Comet, Thundy; Comet, PA4; Trident; Thundy; Starfire, Breaker; Wraith, PA4; Trident, Trident, Breaker; F1; Trident; D1.
Loooottta Trident sidearms today in the wind.

texasissouth 03-17-2019 07:00 PM

Same bag, shot a 65 at Jim Barnett from Longs for the first time. Fun course, lot of interesting shots, and it gets sneaky long on the back 9.
Stabilized Starfire is crazy stable. I'm curious how it ages but so far it's pretty nice. PA3s were working decently again. Might grab a couple other ones.

texasissouth 03-23-2019 09:35 PM

I tweaked my shoulder last weekend so no mid week rounds. Felt fine today. Shot a 63 from shorts at Rockland.
Highlights - 2 on 17 with a parked comet shot; 2 on 11 with a big Trident hyzer; 2 on 8 with a FD3 hyzer; 2 on 3 with a big comet shot.
Lowlights - 4 on 1, 4 on 2, 5 on 7 after a good drive, 5 on 9 with a sawed off flick, good up and roll away downhill putt, 5 on 15 cause I hate that hole, 4 on 16 after a FANTASTIC backhand roller drive put me in fantastic position, 5 on 18 missing from like 15 feet.

bag
ESP Force - won it at putting league, just wanted to see how it flies
* Wraith - unthrown
Champ Thundy
'17 Koling thundy
Doombird II FD3
2x Trident
F1
3x F2
M1 - unthrown
M2
Comet
2x PA4
Breaker
Stego
putting actually pretty well today with PA3.

Oh I forgot - ratings update bumped me up 10 pts to 920

texasissouth 03-28-2019 08:57 PM

I'm not sure if leaning on the Comet more is smoothing my form out some or what. But things I'm used to flipping or turning over... aren't. So my big turnover Wraiths now need to be started with anny. I'm throwing about the same distance though.
Introduced a friend of mine to the sport and sent him home with a C line MD and a Mercy.
That was 36 casual holes at Bluemont. Lot of Comet shots.

I've decided on the PA3. Crown was nice, but I'm actually putting well enough with the PA3 that I can justify switching to them for how good they feel in the hand. This current run of 200 is super nice too, so I grabbed 5. Pretty stiff, and weirdly tacky for what you'd expect, they seem to grip well for my chronically dry hands.
Also in the pic are a stabilized Starfire, Proto D1 from XC Eddy, and a "swirly" ESP Force. I don't have the arm for a fresh Force.
https://i.imgur.com/Z1W2Jux.jpg

texasissouth 03-30-2019 07:58 PM

Had some friends over for an impromptu course. Bagged and threw
D1
Wraith
Firebird
F1
F2
M1
M2
Comet
2xPA4