Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bag Suggestions & Feedback (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   In the bag and various thoughts of a middling MA2 (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130398)

texasissouth 08-12-2018 12:15 PM

2 rounds of 18 for the badfish open at creeping creek, shot a 56 and a 55
1X DD
3X wraith
1X starfire
2X trident
3X F2
3X M2
1 MD4
2X Breaker
1 PA4
2X Mercy

Leaned a lot on my oldest M2, it's a 400 that's a little beat and super glidey and straight.
I didn't need to bag that many drivers for this course but I did anyway. PA4 was great for weird woods shots and a couple short off the tee drives. I'm pretty happy swapping it in for a polecat.

texasissouth 08-19-2018 09:13 PM

With merc bucks from the badfish open I grabbed some newer embossed pop-top wraiths. They go ridiculously far and aren't as flippy as other ones. Might rotate one or two in depending on conditions. For tournaments even if I'm only bagging 3 wraiths I like to keep the others in my car for switching in and out.

Also got a pink super pearly luster firebird. It's a ridiculously good looking disc and I think I'm going to bag it sometimes instead of my more OS trident. Most likely for casual smaller rounds.

Got drunk and ordered a 300 PA4, hoping the grippy plastic won't skitter on the ground as much as 400 does for a Nova-esque velcro effect

texasissouth 09-02-2018 10:37 PM

18 holes of skins/ ript revenge at Clarks Run Disc Golf Course.
Didn't play super hot, but ript can keep you out of a rhythm and my form is in a lot of confusion right now so it's to be expected.
Clarks Run is a ridiculous course, incredibly challenging, crazy lines, super long. Really one of my favorite courses I think I've played overall. Could maybe use a bit more breaking in, and obviously the tee pads aren't finished yet; but it's amazing.
4 Wraiths (didn't have a single good shot with these)\
1 Starfire
1 Trident
3 F2
4 M2
1 Retro Claymore (super flippy)
2 Breaker
1 PA4
2 Mercy
1 Stego

The 300 PA4 is phenomenal, definitely my favorite approach disc so far, and in 300 it really grips the ground and has a much smaller skip or slide. Real hit and stick.

Also since I got a 400 x-out F2 from Marshall St. that started out nice and stable to bookend my F2's I don't need my F1 right now. Grabbed 2 more of the same X out run since I know they're good.

texasissouth 10-09-2018 04:54 PM

18 at Rockland, Shot a disappointing ~870 65 bleh
3 Wraiths
1 Starfire
2 Firebirds
1 Trident
3 F2
4 M2s
1 Breaker
2 Pa4
2 Mercy
1 Stego

I think I wore myself out with fieldwork yesterday. I couldn't hit a line to save my life on the back nine

jmcarriere 10-12-2018 01:45 PM

I just grabbed a 350g m2 and am loving it so far and am looking to start a cycle but also use and love the m4. How do you like the 300 plastic as the 350g is hard to find. And do you think I should add a 400 and 750
Quote:

Originally Posted by texasissouth (Post 3362840)
18 at Rockland, Shot a disappointing ~870 65 bleh
3 Wraiths
1 Starfire
2 Firebirds
1 Trident
3 F2
4 M2s
1 Breaker
2 Pa4
2 Mercy
1 Stego

I think I wore myself out with fieldwork yesterday. I couldn't hit a line to save my life on the back nine

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

texasissouth 10-12-2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcarriere (Post 3363992)
I just grabbed a 350g m2 and am loving it so far and am looking to start a cycle but also use and love the m4. How do you like the 300 plastic as the 350g is hard to find. And do you think I should add a 400 and 750

I really like the 300 M2 so far. It's definitely a bit more durable than the 200 I had, and feels more grippy compared to the more velvety feel of the 200 plastic.

400 is probably my favorite plastic of any manufacturer. A flat 400 one will start off like any fresh one and beat into like a buzz esque disc and just stay there. My 750 I usually use as a bookend of stability and it hasn't changed one iota. The plastic feels way better after a year or so, takes a while to get grippy

jmcarriere 10-17-2018 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasissouth (Post 3348250)
18 holes of skins/ ript revenge at Clarks Run Disc Golf Course.
Didn't play super hot, but ript can keep you out of a rhythm and my form is in a lot of confusion right now so it's to be expected.
Clarks Run is a ridiculous course, incredibly challenging, crazy lines, super long. Really one of my favorite courses I think I've played overall. Could maybe use a bit more breaking in, and obviously the tee pads aren't finished yet; but it's amazing.
4 Wraiths (didn't have a single good shot with these)\
1 Starfire
1 Trident
3 F2
4 M2
1 Retro Claymore (super flippy)
2 Breaker
1 PA4
2 Mercy
1 Stego

The 300 PA4 is phenomenal, definitely my favorite approach disc so far, and in 300 it really grips the ground and has a much smaller skip or slide. Real hit and stick.

Also since I got a 400 x-out F2 from Marshall St. that started out nice and stable to bookend my F2's I don't need my F1 right now. Grabbed 2 more of the same X out run since I know they're good.

Is the f1 a meathook or more teebirdish

texasissouth 10-17-2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcarriere (Post 3366116)
Is the f1 a meathook or more teebirdish

my F1 is more teebird than meathook. Definitely nowhere near a firebird or a trident. In addition I've thrown mine into stacks of firewood some and it's gotten to a delicious straight/fade classic teebird flight, so I know it at least in the beginning beats in well.
However, I was only carrying it until I could find another stable run of F2s, the kind that don't start with any turn.

texasissouth 11-04-2018 05:58 PM

SpAm this past weekend. Came pretty much dead middle of the field.

C DD, for headwind stuff, only threw it once or twice

Wraiths 2-4, the fresh pop top 168 I have is just money, so easy to throw and trust and bombs

1 firebird, alternated between my shimmer and luster. Luster is def more OS

2 Tridents, started with one, bought one off someone. The second one is a bit flippy which is strange but phenomenal for hyzerflip sidearms in the woods

3-4 F2s, got a fresh one beginning of second day. Most have at least some drift to the right so they should be good in the woods but I wasn't throwing them nearly well enough

1 MD4, for wind mindrange stuff

3-4 M2s, Threw these a lot to varying effectiveness

1-2 Pa4, flippy 300 for some rounds, 400 for today. Had a nice ~40 throw in with it today.

2 breakers, the D line one is in the sweet spot, I couldn't get the ProLine one to jive with me on a backhand this weekend.

Stego, wish I never had to throw this, but such is life

as always, putting with Mercys

bcr32 11-04-2018 08:58 PM

How much more overstable is the md4 compared to the m2?