Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V) (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133486)

brutalbrutus 07-29-2021 10:28 PM

It looks like Ian's old soft Ion, lol

*cue the CCDG theme music*

elmexdela 07-31-2021 06:46 PM

saw/felt the new recycled ions

had the black core with white rim

they looked awesome until i realized that finding it after throwing it would be miserable

if they were in bright pink i woulda bought one on the spot

Erknjerk 07-31-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmexdela (Post 3741785)
saw/felt the new recycled ions

had the black core with white rim

they looked awesome until i realized that finding it after throwing it would be miserable

if they were in bright pink i woulda bought one on the spot

I've seen people dye the rims. Helps a little bit.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

discerdoo 07-31-2021 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmexdela (Post 3741785)

you should practice throwing it where you can find it bruh

Emoney 07-31-2021 08:27 PM

They should have considered the difficulty in finding these black R2 discs...

Compensated with larger white flight plate stamps and possibly a bottom stamp as well...

ThrowaEnvy 07-31-2021 08:44 PM

You know it always amazed me that people clamour for black discs.. I hate losing them, I can see the benefit to them as putting stock, be great to get a stack as putters and they look cool. I like Oreos. They feel nice too, touch softer than normal neutron, feel grippier. I love that they are Recycling plastic and that they are a little cheaper!

I'm sure one could use something like a silver or white paint pen to mark it up, but yeah a bigger white stamp might be helpful.

Of course I can't feel em up in store so I ordered a spin and ion. I haven't had a chance to see throw it yet, maybe the Spin tonight, I've been working on the hex and soft e envy. Hmmm that might be a good pairing

Moose33 07-31-2021 09:31 PM

I hope they do an Envy in R2 or at least an Atom. I don’t like the other MVP putters.

I’ll show myself out.

dehaas 07-31-2021 09:35 PM

Snagged a pair of 166 cosmic neutron insanities and they were way beefier than expected. Pretty flat, zero turn on a flat forehand pull in the 330-350 range.

They flew pretty similar to my proton volts, just a little longer. Fade didn’t kick in as fast, still kinda dumpy like the newer run volts but not quite as harsh.

Any of the other insanities actually have some turn out of the box? I was hoping for a longer crave…

elmexdela 07-31-2021 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3741808)
You know it always amazed me that people clamour for black discs.. I hate losing them, I can see the benefit to them as putting stock, be great to get a stack as putters and they look cool. I like Oreos. They feel nice too, touch softer than normal neutron, feel grippier. I love that they are Recycling plastic and that they are a little cheaper!

I'm sure one could use something like a silver or white paint pen to mark it up, but yeah a bigger white stamp might be helpful.

Of course I can't feel em up in store so I ordered a spin and ion. I haven't had a chance to see throw it yet, maybe the Spin tonight, I've been working on the hex and soft e envy. Hmmm that might be a good pairing

we if playin and you throw a black disc just a warnin im not helpin you find it (i say this at the tee box if disc is; green or yellow or clear or black)

Erknjerk 07-31-2021 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dehaas (Post 3741818)
Snagged a pair of 166 cosmic neutron insanities and they were way beefier than expected. Pretty flat, zero turn on a flat forehand pull in the 330-350 range.

They flew pretty similar to my proton volts, just a little longer. Fade didn’t kick in as fast, still kinda dumpy like the newer run volts but not quite as harsh.

Any of the other insanities actually have some turn out of the box? I was hoping for a longer crave…

My Plasma & Proton both have more turn. Plasma needed to be worked in to get it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk