Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

drew2000 11-22-2016 02:33 PM

How long do we have to submit emails to apply for the 2017 media partnership?

Flick Maniac 11-23-2016 03:36 AM

I am sure every Discmaniac not living under a rock is in the know already, but for those who are:

https://store.discmania.net/index.ph...niversary.html

Looks like P2 was the only mold that was not guessed/inferred/whatever. I.e. P2 MD3 FD PD and PD2 in Luster. Yay!

Mulligan 11-29-2016 01:18 AM

Question.... Innova seems to have had issues with bubble top blizzards in the past, but you all have seemed to work it out well for the DDX (i grabbed 4 and am very pleased with the flight).

Assuming, therefore, that Innova has the technology to produce blizzard with bubbles in rim AND flight plate, or rim only... I'm wondering if it is possible to generate bubbles in JUST the flight plate (or at least really minimize the bubbles in the rim)?

Obviously, where I'm going with this is less weight in center, more in rim, while still being able to have lighter weights than max.
I'd be curious if that added glide and/or stability in long range drivers. A DDX in the high 160s with most of that weight in the edge seems like it'd be killer...

jugg3rnautx 11-29-2016 01:53 AM

I know it's been mentioned before but I'd love to see the DDx in G-line. The TD as well.

dehaas 11-29-2016 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jugg3rnautx (Post 3103219)
I know it's been mentioned before but I'd love to see the DDx in G-line. The TD as well.

I'm on board for a g line ddx as well. I liked the flight of the g dd2s but the rim is a bit large for what I like to throw. I almost pulled the trigger on a g dd and pd2 with my holiday order but don't really know if I need a slot for either.

DinosaurThunder 11-29-2016 09:45 AM

So... S-line FD2? ;)

Also do you have any buttery hysteria stamped s-line DDs hidden at the store? :)

Flick Maniac 11-29-2016 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulligan (Post 3103207)
Question.... Innova seems to have had issues with bubble top blizzards in the past, but you all have seemed to work it out well for the DDX (i grabbed 4 and am very pleased with the flight).

Assuming, therefore, that Innova has the technology to produce blizzard with bubbles in rim AND flight plate, or rim only... I'm wondering if it is possible to generate bubbles in JUST the flight plate (or at least really minimize the bubbles in the rim)?

Obviously, where I'm going with this is less weight in center, more in rim, while still being able to have lighter weights than max.
I'd be curious if that added glide and/or stability in long range drivers. A DDX in the high 160s with most of that weight in the edge seems like it'd be killer...

I see where you are going with this, *coughGYROcough* but i wonder how much the plate actually weighs vs a bubbled plate. Lets say the plate is 10% of the total weight of the disc, and you can shave off 50% of that total 10%. Effect would be minimal.

Mulligan 11-30-2016 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedavenger (Post 3103394)
I see where you are going with this, *coughGYROcough* but i wonder how much the plate actually weighs vs a bubbled plate. Lets say the plate is 10% of the total weight of the disc, and you can shave off 50% of that total 10%. Effect would be minimal.

I totally disagree.... but there's only one way to find out. :D

Flick Maniac 11-30-2016 02:18 PM

Sure sounds like a bomber disc, no matter what science. ;)

DiscinFiend 11-30-2016 03:59 PM

Are MD3s going to be retooled to be more overstable? I threw a C-Line. I wanted it to be more overstable than it was. I want Discmania to release a midrange thats as beefy as the Gator or retool the MD3 to be that beefy. I'd prefer it to be beedless so I can consistently throw it sidearm...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.