Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

DiscT 06-21-2021 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soothsayer (Post 3730473)
Where does it say they will be 35.99?


It got out out in a DM email:

Tomorrow marks the second day of forever,

Day one brought the world the news it had always hoped to hear, Discmania MFG. Your support has been tremendous today and the passionate feedback throughout the years has led us to this defining moment. Tomorrow brings the first taste of what the creative minds at Discmania are truly capable of, and we're just getting started.

Available 9am Mountain time Tuesday July 22. Limit one order (set of 2) per customer.

About the release:
Prototype D-Line P2 (2 pack) $35.99
This item is sold as a set of two. The goal is to provide a matching pair of stamp colors. *It is possible that some orders may vary
Limit one order per customer. Customers with more than one order will have the remainder or all of their orders cancelled.
Please allow 7-10 business days at minimum for your orders to be shipped. We are expecting to have the majority of orders shipped by the end of this week but are also waiting on at least one more shipment to arrive before we have the full portion that needs to be delivered to you.
ApplePay FTW: This is a great resource for checking out quickly if you have access to it. If you don't, finger push ups to improve dexterity are very helpful.d
Cart reservations are not active: We recommend that you proceed to check out as quickly as possible to avoid potential issues with your purchase.

BogeyNoMore 06-21-2021 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscyBusiness (Post 3730449)
Can't wait to feel up an MD3 in this fancy Italian plastic :p

It's not fancy unless you pronounce it with long "I"

Iˇtalˇian (iˈtalyən) = not fancy
Eyeˇtalˇian (īˈtalyən) = fancy


... and if you wanna be really fancy, you use an aristocrat grip (i.e. pinky extended out and away from the disc).

@CD- 06-21-2021 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keller (Post 3730434)
So what happens now with Avery's dual sponsorship?

I believe he confirmed that he had moved to strictly DM as the touring team manager a couple years back on a podcast or one of Simon's vlogs. Innova took AJ's signature off the Star TeeBird around that time.

soothsayer 06-22-2021 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3730478)
It got out out in a DM email:

Tomorrow marks the second day of forever,

Day one brought the world the news it had always hoped to hear, Discmania MFG. Your support has been tremendous today and the passionate feedback throughout the years has led us to this defining moment. Tomorrow brings the first taste of what the creative minds at Discmania are truly capable of, and we're just getting started.

Available 9am Mountain time Tuesday July 22. Limit one order (set of 2) per customer.

About the release:
Prototype D-Line P2 (2 pack) $35.99
This item is sold as a set of two. The goal is to provide a matching pair of stamp colors. *It is possible that some orders may vary
Limit one order per customer. Customers with more than one order will have the remainder or all of their orders cancelled.
Please allow 7-10 business days at minimum for your orders to be shipped. We are expecting to have the majority of orders shipped by the end of this week but are also waiting on at least one more shipment to arrive before we have the full portion that needs to be delivered to you.
ApplePay FTW: This is a great resource for checking out quickly if you have access to it. If you don't, finger push ups to improve dexterity are very helpful.d
Cart reservations are not active: We recommend that you proceed to check out as quickly as possible to avoid potential issues with your purchase.


Thanks! I can see why there is a mark up on these honestly since they are Prototypes and (I assume) relatively limited. It is still quite high for some baseline plastic though, and a far cry from 8.99 or 9.99 for an Innova made P2. But hey, they have to pay for those fancy new injection molding machines, right? :clap:

Keller 06-22-2021 08:08 AM

Prototype D-Line P2 (2 pack) $35.99?

Ok suckers, line up. The next disc fad has begun

Streets 06-22-2021 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keller (Post 3730508)
Prototype D-Line P2 (2 pack) $35.99?

Ok suckers, line up. The next disc fad has begun

I wonder if I'll start seeing more of these over Lunas on the course.

soothsayer 06-22-2021 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streets (Post 3730517)
I wonder if I'll start seeing more of these over Lunas on the course.

I'm gonna keep using my Original Original P2s :D

hartigan5279 06-22-2021 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscyBusiness (Post 3730449)
Excited for Discmania's future with today's announcements, but good lord $35.99 + shipping for two baseline putters is wild. K3 Reko's are currently $14/per, for a Swedish-made baseline comparison.

Can't wait to feel up an MD3 in this fancy Italian plastic :p

I'm pretty sure that is just for the first run edition. I saw somewhere that their baseline is going to be like $13 or $14 each I think

soothsayer 06-22-2021 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hartigan5279 (Post 3730569)
I'm pretty sure that is just for the first run edition. I saw somewhere that their baseline is going to be like $13 or $14 each I think

Yeah, I think I saw 12.99 somewhere for the stock runs. Its not great, but its not horrible either. We also don't know how durable to plastic is yet. (Not to mention, are they going to make "p-line" plastic or just have the d-line stiff be the durable version? hmm).

fishballer06 06-22-2021 11:13 AM

Plastic prices in general have gone up. I think the days of $9 base plastic putters and $13 champ plastic drivers is behind us.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.